Googlebar-Now u see me,now u don't.

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
STONE POWER D

Googlebar-Now u see me,now u don't.

Post by STONE POWER D »

I've tried the googlebar with a few different builds now and have worked out. i got to install latest version 0.46 then install 0.45 on top of that then it will work.causejust 0.46 gives me that big grey block at the bottom with some red words on it .But after having the googlebar for awhile it just decides to disappear when i reopen phoenix .Any help appreciated.
old Neil Parks

Refreshing the bookmarks

Post by old Neil Parks »

As Paul Harvey would say, "Just what, not why."

I have discovered that in several situations, a problem goes away when I refresh the bookmarks (even if the problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with bookmarks).

Try this:

-- Export your bookmarks.
-- Delete all bookmarks except the bookmark toolbar folder which cannot be deleted.
-- Import from the file you exported to.
-- Delete the second occurrence of the bookmark toolbar folder.
old Neil Parks

disappearing googlebar

Post by old Neil Parks »

More on the subject can be found at:

http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=1776
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Hello, I installed the Google bar. All I get is a huge bar at the bottom of this page that says, "<menuitem id="view_gg_menuitem"
--^

I tried the bookmark suggestion. Will you help, please...
doug

Post by doug »

I must've missed something. Where does the google bar come from? I've checked Google's site and they didn't have anything the last time I looked.
tmb

Post by tmb »

googlebar comes from googlebar.mozdev.org and is not made by the people at google
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

lynchknot wrote:Hello, I installed the Google bar. All I get is a huge bar at the bottom of this page that says, "<menuitem id="view_gg_menuitem"
--^

I tried the bookmark suggestion. Will you help, please...

For some unknown reason, 0.46 does that some of the time on some computers. Install 0.45 instead.
old Neil Parks

Re: Googlebar-Now u see me,now u don't.

Post by old Neil Parks »

STONE POWER D wrote:after having the googlebar for awhile it just decides to disappear when i reopen phoenix .Any help appreciated.

googlebar faq page wrote:I opened mozilla and the googlebar has disappeared. How do I get it back? (OR "It installed fine, but I don't see it")

Chances are, the last time you had mozilla open, a window without any toolbars (such as a pop-up ad) was opened. Currently, we use some javascript to make sure that the googlebar doesn't show in this case, but it's not perfect, and the last setting is saved- meaning that the next, normal, window you open will have the googlebar hidden. By going to View-Show/hide-Google Toolbar and selecting this option twice (once to clear the checkbox and once to make it show up), you can get it back. Work on a better way to hide the googlebar for pop-up windows is underway.