Show Old Extensions 0.1.7

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I uninstalled it, and they both remain grayed out and have not disappeared. Well, that's one less thing.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

Sounds like you have a broken profile, sas. Or to be more correct, a screwed up Extensions.rdf. I remember there used to be someone who'd repair those and Theme[.rdf?] [free of charge]. I think it was Rowne...

On another note, I still have SOE [latest ver.] installed and it doesn't even show up in the Tools menu. Maybe I have to screw with about:config again and reset the app.extensions.version value or is it just the extensions.lastAppVersion I have to modify?
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I doubt it is the profile, as this one is fairly recent. That is one of the reasons I don't bother doing the ol' "screw with about:config again and reset ..." trick.

That said, there should be a "profile fixer" utility if they can't provide a solid and reliable profile.