Extension/Theme Development Environment

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

It seems it was a build issue? I just installed today's build and noticed that the installed-chrome.txt entries method does now work for extensions, not themes, though.

Also, todays build also moved the Firefox profile back into the Mozilla directory branch.

Pike you must of had a later build on that day than I?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040604 Firefox/0.8.0+
lid2000

Post by lid2000 »

I just tried with the latest build, and I'm still getting no results. Its not even registering the chrome or anything, it seems.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

lid2000, this is very odd. One thing, though. Because the latest build moved the profile under the Mozilla branch, I went ahead and used the new profile. Perhaps its related to a old vs. new profile change.

Did you try it with a new profile?
lid2000

Post by lid2000 »

I wipe out the profile directory every time I install a new nightly. I am completely out of ideas. I think I'll just wait till 0.9 then start worrying about it.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Pike has recently released an update to his extension that will allow theme designers to once again use the theme registration, as outlined in my initial post, to set up a theme development environment on the 0.9 builds.

Yea for Pike!!!

PS: Some themes may not work well and this may be due to some binding problems???