If there was an osacar for extensions it would go to. . .

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
xjr1300

If there was an osacar for extensions it would go to. . .

Post by xjr1300 »

Hiroshi Shimoda for Tabbrowser Extensions V1.10.200lots of numbers

Why?
Take a built in FireFox function such as tabbed browsing and build onto it extra, meaningful, useful, simple to use functionality. Its brilliant, I use it all the time now especially the session reloading.
Well done!

Second place would go to Jeremy Gillick's Extension Uninstaller, what a life saver. It does exactly what it says on the tin, no messing!
xjr1300

Post by xjr1300 »

PS
Why isnt tabbrowser extensions on the firefox extensions website

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?a ... on=firefox

huh?
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Because it's not well-liked by many, who see it as fat, bloated and destabilizing to Firefox.

If you want the basics, use Tabbrowser Preferences instead - http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/tabprefs/
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

No, if there was an oscar for extensions it would go to Momokatte for FireSomething.
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

TheOneKEA wrote:Because it's not well-liked by many, who see it as fat, bloated and destabilizing to Firefox.

If you want the basics, use Tabbrowser Preferences instead - http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/tabprefs/

TheOneKEA, I keep trying every build of Tabbrowser Preference, but it never work on my system. I'm not sure why, but it won't open exteranl link in new tab. I finally give up...go back and use TBE. Yes, it kinda make the Firefox a bit slower, but every function of TBE is working on my system.
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Kasteo wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:Because it's not well-liked by many, who see it as fat, bloated and destabilizing to Firefox.

TheOneKEA, I keep trying every build of Tabbrowser Preference, but it never work on my system. I'm not sure why, but it won't open exteranl link in new tab. I finally give up...go back and use TBE. Yes, it kinda make the Firefox a bit slower, but every function of TBE is working on my system.

How does TBP open external links on your system then? I fixed a small bug in v0.6.5 that should definitely make the four options on the external link controller listbox do what they say they do.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

I just install 0.6.5, but I still have the same problem, it won't open the external link in new tab. It just open external link in the current tab. Even I set the internal link to open in new tab but it won't open, unless I click "Lock all tabs(open all links in new tabs)".
But then it will open every links in new tab which is I don't want. I just want the external link to open in new tab and internal link to open in the current tab.

Thank you,
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

Cusser wrote:No, if there was an oscar for extensions it would go to Momokatte for FireSomething.

My thoughts exactly. "And for best supporting actor in a comedy..." :D
mallrat4

Post by mallrat4 »

oscar goes to easy gestures from me - great tool for exploring the net!
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

Adblock, easily.
wormeyman

Post by wormeyman »

I am one of the people that hates TBE ;)

so my vote goes for adblock 0_o
Nforcr14

Post by Nforcr14 »

All in One Gestures, hands down.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040823 Firefox/0.9.1+ (MOOX M2)
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Oddly enough, despite its bugs, mine would go to Slogger.

Now I can backup the internet.

Which saves the older, more pedestrian ways I was trying to preserve the pages I wanted to.
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

I use duplicate tab and reload all tabs often. is there another ext. that will enable this?
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

My guess is that TBE is not listed because the developers do not recommend it in fact they recommend not using it.
Last edited by Dunderklumpen on July 9th, 2004, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.