Window-Q 0.1 d10 (complete single-window)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

rue can't use Fx Aviary nightly builds because of his platform - if he does choose to update Window-Q, though, a fair bit of its "native" functionality will be removed due to conflict with the builtin browser features; the same thing happened to TBP.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
rue

Post by rue »

Everyone running ~Firefox 1.0 should be very happy -- the new, native code for Single Window beats pretty much anything one could pull, extension-side.
The only remaining feature Window-Q offers is its (rad) sized-popups. If I did release a new version, it would be intelligent, and scale back for newer Firefox builds, basically only offering that one feature. Personally, I have no idea how widespread this extension's use is, or if anyone would even care.
Naturally, I'll continue private maintenance for my own designs.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

An extension not listed at update.mozilla.org would in no way gain the popularity of an extension not listed there these days. Mainly because Firefox itself links to there, and people know to get extensions there, but also because extensions update themselves possibly without having to download new files.

The single window code works for the most part, and with a few more bugs filed here and there, should be fine. But it still doesn't do your cool stuff with javascript windows. I would love a version of your extension chopped down to just pull this off. I'm sure there has been lots of cool changes you have made to it that I haven't seen yet, as I have been unable to update as of late.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

rue wrote:Everyone running ~Firefox 1.0 should be very happy -- the new, native code for Single Window beats pretty much anything one could pull, extension-side.
The only remaining feature Window-Q offers is its (rad) sized-popups. If I did release a new version, it would be intelligent, and scale back for newer Firefox builds, basically only offering that one feature. Personally, I have no idea how widespread this extension's use is, or if anyone would even care.
Naturally, I'll continue private maintenance for my own designs.

Maybe it is time to shelve Window Q then and come out with something new, to differentiate it, or just rename it and release with the reduced features and new name.
xeen

Post by xeen »

do you mean with single window the extension? i dropped it as the popup blocker doesn't work anymore with it, i already mailed the author but he didn't publish an update yet :(
the best thing would be if firefox would have itself a single window option like opera has which would be much more comfortable and logic, i think this is a basic feature for comfortable browsing...xeen
kstahl

Post by kstahl »

xeen,

The latest nightlies have that function. Catches JS links and everything.
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

kstahl wrote:xeen,
Catches JS links and everything.
Not yet they don't.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
xeen

Post by xeen »

but now they have :)
looking forward to 1.0 :)
xeen
Parkotron

Post by Parkotron »

I think there would be serious interest in a scaled down, sized windows only version of WindowQ. I think the biggest thing impeding it's popularity earlier was that it was available and discussed really only through this thread. I think a renamed sized popups extension would do very well, were it added to the official update page.
MvD

Post by MvD »

Not anymore they don't! Bug 266759
If God is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question. - Someone on the net
CPU-Z Info|Firefox Info
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

MvD wrote:

Not anymore they don't! Bug 266759

:-(
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

How fortunate that I chose to continue TBP's development - the bug referenced doesn't remove the code entirely, it just hides the controls for it. Since TBP provides an alternate set of controls.... no huhu!
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618