NEW: YahooCompose 0.2 released

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

I too had the "big status bar" also, and also had major corruption when I attempted to uninstall.

Firefox was unusable after the uninstallation. I had to reinstall twice. It's working now.

I have only one extension - DOM Inspector 1.0.

I will wait for a later release ... this is a huge benefit to me if it's working as advertised (and as it is for so many others).

Thanks, kj
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjarrett wrote:I too had the "big status bar" also, and also had major corruption when I attempted to uninstall.

Firefox was unusable after the uninstallation. I had to reinstall twice. It's working now.

I have only one extension - DOM Inspector 1.0.

I will wait for a later release ... this is a huge benefit to me if it's working as advertised (and as it is for so many others).

Thanks, kj

That sucks. Can't figure out what it is... I'm working on it though.
The work around for those who are having problems is, while on a new profile install GMailCompose FIRST or 2nd is you use TBP restart, then install all the other extensions you always use.

I can only reproduce this problem on one windows computer and it seems random. I'll try and debug it more tonight. Sorry about it recking your profile. In the future try first clearing out your cache folder and restarting, then if that didn't work, clear out the extensions dir which will delete all extensions/themes and you can restart from there with you same profile, just with a fresh count of 1 extension (DOMi).
-Jed
ckjnigel

Post by ckjnigel »

jedbro, thanks for providing that testing link. It worked perfectly, logging into the Canada mail compose site, as I had wished.
This really is something very useful to me and is bound to get more so as Yahoo enhances support for Mozillans.
Perhaps email clients will become obsolete ... I wonder if Blake was thinking of just this when he initiated the process of separating the browser.
The tips about cache clearing, xpi install sequence and such are valuable.
kjarrett

Post by kjarrett »

Jed, it's a totally awesome extension ... thanks for developing it ... I wish it worked for me ... good luck with later releases!
Shadow2531

Post by Shadow2531 »

> change the extension name since it not only supports yahoo but hotmail and more to come it seems.

Maybe:

The "Webmail Compose" extension

or

The "Mailto Link Interceptor" extension

??????
crashinPC

YahooCompose 0.2

Post by crashinPC »

just tried it (v.nervously) ...&it works great on 0.8! :)
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjarrett wrote:Jed, it's a totally awesome extension ... thanks for developing it ... I wish it worked for me ... good luck with later releases!

Sorry it's not working for you.
Have you tried it on a new profile? If you want, I have a few test versions that you could try and see if it works for you.
PM me or email me at mozilla ((at]] jedbrown [ddot)) net.

-Jed
ckjnigel

Qute borks it

Post by ckjnigel »

Have now confirmed this to be the problem.
omgwtf

Post by omgwtf »

In the next release, could you maybe add gmail and just make it one big packet? "Compose to (Everything), hehe."

Sortof like its an option now to choose from Hotmail and Y!. Just add gmail to it...maybe?
RiVaL_SSJ

Post by RiVaL_SSJ »

I had the HUGE status bar as well... and when I tried to go to the Options for the YahooCompose it froze :(. I'm using WinME. Had to reinstall Firefox and delete my profile and everything... lol.

If possible, it would be nice to see a Mail.com Composer like the Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail one :P for some Mail.com users like me... :P

And like someone else said, if it supports more than just Yahoo, the name should be changed, that would attract more people to use it as well, as at first it looks like it ONLY works with Yahoo...
Last edited by RiVaL_SSJ on July 19th, 2004, 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

omgwtf wrote:In the next release, could you maybe add gmail and just make it one big packet? "Compose to (Everything), hehe."

Sortof like its an option now to choose from Hotmail and Y!. Just add gmail to it...maybe?

Done :) It's just a test version, but you can try <a href="http://jedbrown.net/dev/Mozilla/YahooCompose_0_3beta.xpi">0.3 dev here</a>..
It basically adds Yahoo/GMail and Hotmail.

0.3 will probobly be similar with many more improvments, I'm on vacation now, so won't get back to it for a few weeks, but you might find it usefull in the meantime.
-Jed
Shadow2531

Post by Shadow2531 »

@RiVaL_SSJ

You can do mail.com with the .3 dev version.

Select "Other" and copy the link address of the following link into the box.

Other Box

You may have to change the mail01 part to the server you get logged into. (if it's different than mail01. There mail also be a univeral server that works for everyone. That one might actually do that. Not sure.)
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Ok. Thanks to Shadow2531.
I think I have fixed the "Huge Status bar bug".

You can test it out with the YahooCompose 0.3dev2.
Thanks for testing it out everyone.

Also, what should be the new name for the extension once Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo/Netscape/Opera/Mail.com/Customizable are integrated.

should it be
- MailtoCompose
or
- WebMailCompose

Thanks

-Jed
RiVaL_SSJ

Post by RiVaL_SSJ »

To Shadow2531, I didn't know it worked with Mail.com... but thanks :D and yeah... its always mail01...

To jedbro, I think that WebMail Compose is better because it fits more. MailTo Compose could be used for both an application and webmail, where webmail, well, could only be used for webmail lol.

I'll test that new build, and let you know how it works. Thanks! :D
rmjb

Post by rmjb »

I tried that dev version and still got the Huge Status Bar bug... I switched away from Qute back to Firefox Default and the big status bar is gone... hopefully I'll be able to uninstall YahooCompose safely without killing my profile...

- rmjb