Help how to change Firefox's Image view back to old style?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
puma99dk|

Help how to change Firefox's Image view back to old style?

Post by puma99dk| »

hi, i am using Nightly 12.0a1 and after the newest update recently the image viewing in it has changed to this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attac ... 1324410815

is there a way i can change it back to it's old style, i like that better than this new style, so i need some help plz ^^
pal-moz

Re: Help how to change Firefox's Image view back to old styl

Post by pal-moz »

no way now.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=376997

and please resize your image, it's too wide on this forum.
[Desktop] Windows 7 Professional (32bit/SP1) / Geforce GTX 660Ti 2GB (350.12) / 4GB RAM
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Well Daniel Glazman thinks it's a bad move anyway
http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/ ... background
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

puma99dk| wrote:hi, i am using Nightly 12.0a1 and after the newest update recently the image viewing in it has changed to this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attac ... 1324410815

is there a way i can change it back to it's old style, i like that better than this new style, so i need some help plz ^^

Posted your request here also:
http://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/29558/need-userstyle-or-userscript-to-change-firefoxs-nightly12.0a1-image-view-back-to-old-style
makondo

Post by makondo »

There's an ext. Image Tweak, you can set the bg color there.
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

makondo wrote:There's an ext. Image Tweak, you can set the bg color there.

After the bug fix, images are no longer centered using Image Tweak.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Really :shock: ? Images from now on will be displayed against a black background ? Do these people know anything about photography,by the way? Grey-neutral,as the bug title suggests,yes that makes sense,but black? If/when one needs an extension even to look at images against a reasonable background,that's a sign that things are really messed up IMHO.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Mozilla knows best.... And you will love it, Dammit ! ](*,)
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
makondo

Post by makondo »

_Dexter_ wrote:... After the bug fix, images are no longer centered using Image Tweak.

Perhaps the ext. needs an update which might follow when the 'fix' comes to at least beta (where it's still working). You can ask the author if he has plans for it.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Drumbrake wrote:Really :shock: ? Images from now on will be displayed against a black background ? Do these people know anything about photography,by the way? Grey-neutral,as the bug title suggests,yes that makes sense,but black? If/when one needs an extension even to look at images against a reasonable background,that's a sign that things are really messed up IMHO.

Where did you get Black from? The background is dark gray. It looks like #333. It probably should have been #666 however.
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

Omega X wrote:It probably should have been #666 however.

:shock: OMG! Not #666! It's almost Christmas!

Sorry for the OT.
Merry Christmas, all! :)
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
puma99dk|

Post by puma99dk| »

even if that addon is set to "top left" to view images still comes center but i can't they just change it back bcs this is just too lame and ruins the browser >.<
makondo

Post by makondo »

^ No, it doesn't 'ruin the browser'.
As i said, ask the developer if he has plans to update it for nightlies. I doubt he will and you may have to wait til its official (or maybe beta).
That's the benefit of using nightlies: not ready for things to break, don't use it and don't whine when things do break.

BTW, make up your mind, people, _Dexter_ up there ^ claims they're not centered:
_Dexter_ wrote:

ffextensionguru

Post by ffextensionguru »

makondo wrote:^ No, it doesn't 'ruin the browser'.
As i said, ask the developer if he has plans to update it for nightlies. I doubt he will and you may have to wait til its official (or maybe beta).
That's the benefit of using nightlies: not ready for things to break, don't use it and don't whine when things do break.

BTW, make up your mind, people, _Dexter_ up there ^ claims they're not centered:
_Dexter_ wrote:

Yes, in Aurora 11 and Nightly 12 the images appear shifted down and to the right instead of true centered. In Beta (10 and older) the images are true center.
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Omega X wrote:
Where did you get Black from? The background is dark gray. It looks like #333. It probably should have been #666 however.

On the crappy monitor I'm using now this #333 looks just black,it may appear as a dark shade of grey on calibrated monitors,however they knew already that a neutral/grey background would have been a sensible choice then (may I say:as usual) went for the worst option at the last moment.
Sure,a white background wasn't the best option for viewing images, but IMHO (and apparently for others as well) this dark shade of grey that has been picked is even worse.