FIREFOX 38 BETA 5=NONSTOP CRASHES

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
randyandy

FIREFOX 38 BETA 5=NONSTOP CRASHES

Post by randyandy »

I installed the 38 beta 5 update yesterday (4/18/15) It has crashed at least 70 times and still counting,
15 crashes, just trying to get this note finished. Crash reports aplenty for Mozilla to figure out and find a solution. Quickly I hope.
Thankfully I have IE & Chrome to fall back on

Anyone else being plagued by the same annoyances?

regards...Randy Andy
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: FIREFOX 38 BETA 5=NONSTOP CRASHES

Post by malliz »

Maybe you should just use a release version.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

randyandy wrote:I installed the 38 beta 5 update yesterday (4/18/15) It has crashed at least 70 times and still counting,
15 crashes, just trying to get this note finished. Crash reports aplenty for Mozilla to figure out and find a solution. Quickly I hope.
Thankfully I have IE & Chrome to fall back on

Anyone else being plagued by the same annoyances?

regards...Randy Andy

PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR LOCATION/AADDRESS BAR " about:crashes " without the quotes an paste those here,
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

randyandy wrote:Anyone else being plagued by the same annoyances?

Nope, no crashes with b4/3/2/1 either..
@Some light reading for you..
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_(Firefox)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I had some Flash Player crashes with b3. Seems all plugins had been reset to "Always Activate", from "Ask to Activate".

[@ libflashplayer.so@0x76cd2a] - Firefox 38.0 Crash Report - Report ID: 749ed2f9-ec11-4264-ad8e-21ae52150410

That didn't crash Firefox though.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

Thanks mightyglydd. I'll check out the links you've provided. I've had no problems with earlier beta versions ...EVER. There is no doubt the current series of glitches are directly tied to 38 beta 5. Within moment of its installation, directly from the Firefox
About beta channel, the crash reports too Mozilla began. I'm hoping the next update will eliminate this crash problem.

p.s. in response to Arch..."PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR LOCATION/AADDRESS BAR " about:crashes " without the quotes an paste those here.".. I'll have to study up on this. You're dealing with someone who is maybe one step above a computer klutz.

WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

You can also go to Help > Troubleshooting Information and select one from the Crash Reports section.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
James

Post by James »

randyandy wrote:p.s. in response to Arch..."PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR LOCATION/AADDRESS BAR " about:crashes " without the quotes an paste those here.".. I'll have to study up on this. You're dealing with someone who is maybe one step above a computer klutz.

In the same place you would type in for example http://www.example.com you can type in about:crashes

An about: that is easier to remember is about:about
randyandy

Post by randyandy »

Yesterday's FF update Version 38-beta-6 resolved the persistent crash problems I had with version 38-beta-5. No crash incidents in 24 hours gives me confidence I''m back to normal with Firefox.
For the record the glitch, according to Event Viewer info, stated App Error as being 'faulting module,name: mozalloc.dll . version
So kudos for the Mozilla team for the quick correction and thanks to the members who offered me help in my hour of need.
The case & post, can be closed/ Cheers.