Youtube non working on newewst nightly

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Anubis Black

Re: Youtube non working on newewst nightly

Post by Anubis Black »

James wrote:64-bit has existed since Firefox 4.0 Release for Mac OSX and Linux. Before that it was for good while on Linux Trunk Nightlies for to catch 64-bit breakage. However the Win64 has only been on the Nightly channel and was not officially supported until it started on Aurora channel and more recently on Beta channel starting at 37.0b2.

Both of your posts in this thread are off-topic and not helpful at all, since they repeat information already stated by other users that additionally provided input on the actual issue at hand. This one in particular is also quite passive-aggressive, since you clearly understood I am talking about Windows 64bit and that I had already discovered the Win64 beta introduced a couple months ago (3rd of March).

The issue persists in the latest update as well. I have not experienced a crash (yet), but videos stop midway through and the slider has to be adjusted to force rebuffering.
James

Post by James »

This was not your thread by the way so you took it of to start with.

You know about the 37.0b2 only because I mentioned it by version.

When new members here say 64-bit they often times meant in general and not just Win64 and you did not say you were referring to the Win64 on Beta channel.

Anyways not a good idea to argue with a mod also ;)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ Anubis Black - nothing I posted helped you?
It can be this issue Bug 1166156 - MSE video does not exit dormant mode

James wrote:[...] You know about the 37.0b2 only because I mentioned it.
I mentioned it too :P
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Guys give this YT video a try https://youtu.be/zs7xO5P3Az4. I get the revolving throbber after playing the video for a few minutes and it stalls. If you are a Game of Thrones fan you'll like the video too.

Not running e10s.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

streetwolf wrote:Guys give this YT video a try https://youtu.be/zs7xO5P3Az4. I get the revolving throbber after playing the video for a few minutes and it stalls. If you are a Game of Thrones fan you'll like the video too.

Not running e10s.

Was running along pretty well at 1080p and at 2:51 into the video the throbber of death appeared... seems to be a hard stall, exiting full screen does not cause video to pick up and continue.

backing the time scrubber back to before the stall, it picks up and plays once I press the 'play' button. After another few mins of playing in full screen mode the entire NIghtly froze with the Win7 green 'Halo' of 'not responding'. Had to force close the Nightly.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

The problem goes away if 'media.mediasource.format-reader.mp4' is set to false. The throbber does appear for a split second but the video goes on.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Hyosung

Post by Hyosung »

Are you guys still experiencing this issue?

I've tried streetwolf's workaround and it's "better" than the video just pausing unless you skip it but it's quite annoying as it happens quite often with streetwolf's method.

So unsure if this will eventually be fixed soon or not.

At first I thought it was the script I was using with YouTube (YouTube Center), but had same issue occur with it disabled.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

The YT problem has been fixed on inbound. Presumably this fixed it... 1163227 – Unable to play back YouTube video - continually polls/shows AJAX spinner

Don't know if it made it to Nightly yet but if not soon.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

streetwolf wrote:The YT problem has been fixed on inbound. Presumably this fixed it... 1163227 – Unable to play back YouTube video - continually polls/shows AJAX spinner

Don't know if it made it to Nightly yet but if not soon.

Well, due to the long holiday week-end, USA Memorial Day, no merges have occurred from m-i -> m-c, perhaps someone will merge later tonight, but if not, then it will be Wednesday, or Thursday I would guess before the 'fix' makes it to a Nightly.
Hyosung

Post by Hyosung »

OH thanks for that update and looking forward till it makes it into the Nightly if not Hourlies.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

SacredCultivator wrote:OH thanks for that update and looking forward till it makes it into the Nightly if not Hourlies.

Merged into hourly builds, and should be in today's Nightly. I've tested the video that Streetwolf posted above and it plays thought without a hitch here with the 'fix' on an hourly.