The first official 20190421 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
TheVisitor

Re: The first official 20190421 builds are not yet out

Post by TheVisitor »

Just tested ghacks.net with a clean profile and did several browser restarts and no crash.
SLK350

Post by SLK350 »

TheVisitor wrote:Just tested ghacks.net with a clean profile and did several browser restarts and no crash.
Tried in "Safe mode", same problem. Any config that could have changed?
Corsair Obsidian 500D * AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X * ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING * G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Flare X * Samsung 970 Pro 1TB * Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm * Benq BL3201PT * ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB DUAL OC * Creative Soundblaster X7 * Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider
Whurst

Post by Whurst »

TheVisitor wrote:Just tested ghacks.net with a clean profile and did several browser restarts and no crash.
Have just done the same thing (new profile) and it crashed instantly with ghacks.net after the first restart; so the problem isn't add-ons or any of the Nightly settings.

I do a massive amount of daily browsing and gHacks is the only site causing this crash for me. No website should ever be able to crash a browser entirely. Nightly runs multiple processes in Windows, so surely the one(s) involved with the gHacks tab should fail, not everything.

Is there any kind of logging that can be enabled to see what might be causing this?
atlanto

Post by atlanto »

Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

SLK350 wrote:Loading Ghacks.net makes my Firefox nightly crash right away. Thought it helped by clearing cache and cookies but problem is back. Anyone else seeing this? Been like this for a few days now.
i had that problem but its now gone, i cannot reproduce it. i have it setup as a TILE in Newtab, but whenever i clicked on it, it would Crash, also what Theme are you using? . change from Light Theme an Default Theme an see if it still happens , im kinda wondering if its Theme Related as i cannot reproduce it on the Default Theme but i could with the Light Theme
Last edited by Snake4 on April 22nd, 2019, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
alex_mayorga

Post by alex_mayorga »

Whurst wrote:
Have just done the same thing (new profile) and it crashed instantly with ghacks.net after the first restart; so the problem isn't add-ons or any of the Nightly settings.

I do a massive amount of daily browsing and gHacks is the only site causing this crash for me. No website should ever be able to crash a browser entirely. Nightly runs multiple processes in Windows, so surely the one(s) involved with the gHacks tab should fail, not everything.

Is there any kind of logging that can be enabled to see what might be causing this?
¡Hola!

Please copy and paste the contents of about:crashes

¡Gracias!
Josa

Re: The first official 20190421 builds are out

Post by Josa »