Troubleshooting page not rendering/loading as expected

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
m0e309

Troubleshooting page not rendering/loading as expected

Post by m0e309 »

Severity : High

THE PROBLEM

I have been trying to find out the root cause of the problem,where new or current tab keeps loading,
it does not provide the result back. However, one another instance,I open a new tab and jt give back search result right away.

What I have noticed in the behavior, when it is idle, it give back the result back.
When I tried to refresh a current open tab, it take forever to load, While concurrently, I open up new tab, it keep loading.
I will post a video record of this, so it will give a better visual; what happens.

It was working fine today until what I believe may have something to do with it, firefox wasn't responding, so I didn't really interfare until it was back normal. Afterward, when I opened up page on new tab, it gave me error message, "server not responding...." This happened on couple of other pages as well.

Troubleshoot Steps
After some troubleshooting, I have tried the following things
[*] Disabling add-ons
[*] Under Network Setting: checked no Proxy
[*] Under Cookies and site Data: Clear Both Cookies and Site Data & Cached Web Content"

I decided to uninstall and reinstall nightly again, I loaded my profile on the firefox nightly.
James

Re: Troubleshooting page not rendering/loading as expected

Post by James »

The Firefox Builds section is for non Release builds like the Nightly, Beta and even Release Candidates. Firefox Support is not the place for support of Firefox builds on the Nightly development channel.
m0e309

Post by m0e309 »

I am seeing the same thing occur in safe mode, I have 4 windows open with multiple tabs open. I have checked under about:memory, went into profile folder for anything out of ordinary. I'm just speculating it may be with the multiple process relating back to memory, cause sometimes not to load pages or hang. Will a memory report help troubleshooting with the problem?
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

Several approaches to check:

- Does disabling Fission make a difference?

- If it is a regression try mozregression to find the problem page to report a bug. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Pro ... regression

- There are tools for getting performance logs and reporting performance issues to Mozilla. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Performance
m0e309

Post by m0e309 »

I will check to see if disabling fission makes any difference.
I would like to add, I had tried in safe mode without any extension, it still does the same thing.

I feel with the a lot of tabs open, It feels like sluggish which I had not experienced earlier
It may be my extension, I have sessionsync, clearUrl, I do utilize the sessionsync a lot of times:saving session.

I was looking at the profile folder, to see if there anything that would give me clue on this matter. The size of places.sqlite is relatively large. From based of http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite, I do have a lot of bookmarks, browser history in there. But I do have my doubt the large size would impact much on the slow loading.

Also, While taking closer look, I found the favicons.sqite to be corrupt. I am guessing it not much related to this, since it has more to do with icon, caching of it
m0e309

Post by m0e309 »

I tried disabling fission, it didn't help either. I am noticing, the whole application doesn;t respond (hangs) in which I have to end the process and restart it. I think it maybe with.js, How would I go about debugging this. What I have seen, when loading with .js page, it doesn't fully work, for example, reCaptcha pages doesn't load on normal pages, it does however, work on private mode.
From this, would someone able to see where the problem lies ?
I appreciate it for the help.