MozillaZine


The first official 20211024 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Josa
 
Posts: 5660
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Post Posted October 24th, 2021, 3:46 pm

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20211023

The first official 20211024 NIGHTLY builds are out
.The official Firefox 94 RC 1 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20211023 (Fx 95.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20211022 (Fx 94.0b9)

Mozilla Autoland Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA


Fixed:
    NIGHTLY +3
  1. #1640779 [Core:Graphics: WebRender]-[X11][EGL] Add EGL VSync implementation [Lin]
  2. #1737424 [Firefox:New Tab Page]-Inline code is styled as citation in newtab document [Uns]
  3. #1736431 [Toolkit:Telemetry]-Firefox unexpectedly closes with: Missing chrome or resource URL [Uns]

    Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None

    Beta 9 -> RC 1 Changelog +0
    None

Nightly 95 fixes since 20211004 (Gecko 94) ~684
Beta 94 fixes since 20210907 (Gecko 93) ~890

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
MozRegression Guide
Last edited by Josa on October 26th, 2021, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 5240
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted October 24th, 2021, 4:59 pm

I think https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1733354 [win] Profile Manager is no longer readable with Dark OS theme is back

I upgraded to Win 11 (21h2) over the week-end so could be something else. While back it was noted that when using Help-about Nightly if there was an update available a Dialog box comes up and box to click to download the update. When hovering over the box/button the text turns dark and can't be read. We had something like that while back but I can't find the bug for sure. I'm using the 'light' theme on Nightly and the default windows theme on 21h2 (Win 11) ,which for some reason still shows my OS as Win 10..(color me confused)!

Snake4
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted October 24th, 2021, 5:38 pm

TheVisitor wrote:I think https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1733354 [win] Profile Manager is no longer readable with Dark OS theme is back

I upgraded to Win 11 (21h2) over the week-end so could be something else. While back it was noted that when using Help-about Nightly if there was an update available a Dialog box comes up and box to click to download the update. When hovering over the box/button the text turns dark and can't be read. We had something like that while back but I can't find the bug for sure. I'm using the 'light' theme on Nightly and the default windows theme on 21h2 (Win 11) ,which for some reason still shows my OS as Win 10..(color me confused)!

1 thing i dont use to much is the dark Theme but i do think it looks nicer in windows11

Edit : i cannot reproduce that Bug , New Firefox Profile also

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted October 24th, 2021, 5:46 pm

Looks like there will be a 94.0b10, unless they rebrand it RC1.

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla ... 1629255662


Looks like the RC is tagged.

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla ... c62e1e33fb
Last edited by WaltS48 on October 25th, 2021, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Snake4
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted October 24th, 2021, 6:04 pm

WaltS48 wrote:Looks like there will be a 94.0b10, unless they rebrand it RC1.

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla ... 1629255662

nothing here https://calendar.google.com/calendar/em ... Z2xlLmNvbQ to say there will be a B10
Edit : could well be a B10 going by this https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... andidates/
Last edited by Snake4 on October 25th, 2021, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 5240
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted October 25th, 2021, 6:40 am

Snake4 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:I think https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1733354 [win] Profile Manager is no longer readable with Dark OS theme is back

I upgraded to Win 11 (21h2) over the week-end so could be something else. While back it was noted that when using Help-about Nightly if there was an update available a Dialog box comes up and box to click to download the update. When hovering over the box/button the text turns dark and can't be read. We had something like that while back but I can't find the bug for sure. I'm using the 'light' theme on Nightly and the default windows theme on 21h2 (Win 11) ,which for some reason still shows my OS as Win 10..(color me confused)!

1 thing i dont use to much is the dark Theme but i do think it looks nicer in windows11

Edit : i cannot reproduce that Bug , New Firefox Profile also



OK, seems to be only the 'Light' theme that's affected, other seem to work. *shrug* - not a big deal I guess....

Snake4
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted October 25th, 2021, 5:26 pm

TheVisitor wrote:
Snake4 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:I think https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1733354 [win] Profile Manager is no longer readable with Dark OS theme is back

I upgraded to Win 11 (21h2) over the week-end so could be something else. While back it was noted that when using Help-about Nightly if there was an update available a Dialog box comes up and box to click to download the update. When hovering over the box/button the text turns dark and can't be read. We had something like that while back but I can't find the bug for sure. I'm using the 'light' theme on Nightly and the default windows theme on 21h2 (Win 11) ,which for some reason still shows my OS as Win 10..(color me confused)!

1 thing i dont use to much is the dark Theme but i do think it looks nicer in windows11

Edit : i cannot reproduce that Bug , New Firefox Profile also



OK, seems to be only the 'Light' theme that's affected, other seem to work. *shrug* - not a big deal I guess....

i mainly always use Light theme unless i feel like a change :)

Snake4
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted October 25th, 2021, 9:13 pm

hopefully they baCK THIS OUT permanentely https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1732347 or else i'll be looking for a Download manager

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted October 26th, 2021, 6:50 am

Snake4 wrote:hopefully they baCK THIS OUT permanentely https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1732347 or else i'll be looking for a Download manager


You must download a lot.

Can you explain what that will do to us users that rarely download?

Maybe start a new thread about the topic.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

DN123ABC
 
Posts: 642
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

Post Posted October 26th, 2021, 7:10 am

I was thinking the same thing. Why all this "management" of downloads? What is the deal? You click, it downloads, you open or browse to the downloaded file. Done.

BigWillyStyle42

User avatar
 
Posts: 694
Joined: June 20th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Post Posted October 26th, 2021, 12:17 pm

WaltS48 wrote:
Snake4 wrote:hopefully they baCK THIS OUT permanentely https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1732347 or else i'll be looking for a Download manager


You must download a lot.

Can you explain what that will do to us users that rarely download?

Maybe start a new thread about the topic.


This breaks functionality in the display of PDFs. If I view a site with an embedded PDF, Firefox uses PDF.js to display it inline. PDF.js has a download button which allowed you to download the PDF and get a prompt for what you wanted to do with it. Now the PDF downloads and opens in a new tab using PDF.js which is not helpful.

Snake4
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted October 26th, 2021, 2:01 pm

WaltS48 wrote:
Snake4 wrote:hopefully they baCK THIS OUT permanentely https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1732347 or else i'll be looking for a Download manager


You must download a lot.

Can you explain what that will do to us users that rarely download?

Maybe start a new thread about the topic.

its becoming more chromism where firefox IMO is losing its identity even more

.The official Firefox 94 RC 1 builds are out
.The official Firefox 94 RC 2 builds are out

Josa
 
Posts: 5660
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Post Posted October 26th, 2021, 3:13 pm


Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests