Drag/Drop into Firefox fails

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
BruceAWittmeier

Drag/Drop into Firefox fails

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I am unable to drag/drop a file into Firefox and have it open. I have tried the trouble-shooting mode and a new profile and they all fail the same.

Is there a known problem?

I recall this post reply http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3087337
try reading BETA Bug reports in these threads viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3087304 before posting . Josa doesnt do it for no reason
..but I am unable to make any sense of the information provided.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
TheVisitor

Re: Drag/Drop into Firefox fails

Post by TheVisitor »

What type of file you trying to drop/open ? I've not done any of that drag/drop file into Nightly since the old 'xpi' days of installing addons/extensions.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Drag/Drop into Firefox fails

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

It is an HTML file. IF I double click it, it will open and load into FF. Drag fails. It works fine dragged into Chrome.

OnEdit:
I verified it failed several times even with restarts and PC reboots -- it failed.
I reinstalled an older copy and accepted the warning to create a new profile. Ran it and it worked correctly with no alterations whatsoever.
I reinstalled Ver 101.0b9 and without any alterations it too worked correctly. I don't have an explanation but it all seems to work correctly.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.