Turn off Quick Actions in the urlbar search [SOLVED]

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
TheVisitor

Turn off Quick Actions in the urlbar search [SOLVED]

Post by TheVisitor »

How do you turn off this 'new' feature' Just discovered it today, and searches on the web about turning it off don't seem to work.

To see what I am asking: in the address/urlbar on a new tab press the 'space bar' will show all the Quick Actions presently available.
In the address/urlbar enter the letter 'b' you get quick actions for 'bookmarks. Pressing the letter 'r' gives 'refresh' and 'restart'.

Refresh to me is dangerous unless you know what's about to happen.

I added the new 'prefs' mentions here: https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/19/mozil ... dress-bar/ but they don't seem to work, and restarted the browser after adding and made no difference.
Last edited by TheVisitor on August 15th, 2022, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
laszlo

Re: Turn off Quick Actions in the urlbar search

Post by laszlo »

Seems like browser.urlbar.shortcuts.quickactions = false disables the ">" shortcut, while browser.urlbar.suggest.quickactions = false disables the buttons in the dropdown and autocompletion.
"I'll be dead after I die. I was dead before I was born. Life is a break from death." - Hlynur, 101 Reykjavík
TheVisitor

Re: Turn off Quick Actions in the urlbar search

Post by TheVisitor »

laszlo wrote:Seems like browser.urlbar.shortcuts.quickactions = false disables the ">" shortcut, while browser.urlbar.suggest.quickactions = false disables the buttons in the dropdown and autocompletion.
Thanks, that did the trick.
ltsnow

Re: Turn off Quick Actions in the urlbar search [SOLVED]

Post by ltsnow »

You can do that but you can also just go to Search Shortcuts in settings and Actions is at the bottom of the list. Just uncheck it if it is checked.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Which will only disable the shortcut, but not the feature altogether. That's bug 1783452.
"I'll be dead after I die. I was dead before I was born. Life is a break from death." - Hlynur, 101 Reykjavík
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

how usefull is this ' actions ' crap? isnt it a stolen feature from Vivaldi? as it has " quick commands " or something like that