Clear history dialog box does not close after selection.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
BruceAWittmeier

Clear history dialog box does not close after selection.

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Click the hamburger menu
Click History
Click Clear recent history
- Check the Browsing & download history,
- Cookies,
- Cache,
- Form & Search History,
- Offline website data
Click OK
The dialog box never closed and buttons become grayed out and inoperable.
Only way I find to close the window is uncheck Browsing & download history.

OnEdit:
Effective when "Everything" is selected for time.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Snake4

Re: Clear history dialog box does not closed after selection

Post by Snake4 »

you know you can press CTRL+H to get to History?
BruceAWittmeier

Getting there is not the problem. Ctrl - H provides different options.
Click the hamburger menu > click History > click Clear Recent History (with Browsing & Download History checked) > click OK -- the dialog box never closes. When it does not close you cannot do anything with the browser except uncheck Browsing & Download History then OK.
There are many options to clearing history -- that's just one of them. I normally use an addon but sometimes other options. This one fails.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

BruceAWittmeier wrote:Getting there is not the problem. Ctrl - H provides different options.
Click the hamburger menu > click History > click Clear Recent History (with Browsing & Download History checked) > click OK -- the dialog box never closes. When it does not close you cannot do anything with the browser except uncheck Browsing & Download History then OK.
There are many options to clearing history -- that's just one of them. I normally use an addon but sometimes other options. This one fails.
can you get into TOOLS > SETTINGS > PRIVACY & SECURITY > HISTORY > click on the Settings Button > an tick the box's you need ticked there.
therube

Post by therube »

With:

Last hour
Cookies, Cache, Site settings, Offline website data

I was not able to confirm.

(I do not use any "clear on exit" settings, as you seem to be, in case that may be playing into what is seen.)
(I also have never used this "hamburger" thing. Ctrl+Shift+DEL instead [seems far more logical ;-)].)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

This might be related to your other question about prefs.js that also seems about clearing data.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3104186
So it looks like something is wrong in your profile (time to try out a fresh profile?).
BruceAWittmeier

Therube no I don't clear on exit. It seems to be caused by the first option browsing history and cache. If I leave that unchecked it works and will restart correctly. If checked and I close the browser the dialog will not close and restart fails as well.
I filed a bug but have not heard status yet.
I think dickvl has pointed out an assotation but I will wait a bit to see where this goes with Bugzilla.
Thanks for the help.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

BruceAWittmeier wrote:Therube no I don't clear on exit. It seems to be caused by the first option browsing history and cache. If I leave that unchecked it works and will restart correctly. If checked and I close the browser the dialog will not close and restart fails as well.
I filed a bug but have not heard status yet.
I think dickvl has pointed out an assotation but I will wait a bit to see where this goes with Bugzilla.
Thanks for the help.
what's the bug number >? please.
BruceAWittmeier

BruceAWittmeier

Re: Clear history dialog box does not close after selection.

Well, dickvl you were right. I created a new profile, copied back a few key files (chrome directory) and it all seems back to normal. Restart works with Browsing history and cache checked.
I have asked to close the bug I filed.