..towards Firefox 1.0

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

pljones wrote:So, the dotted blue line should rise slowly as people find blockers;
the red line should drop steeply as the devs fix 'em;
and the green line should be rapidly getting closer to the dotted blue line. When they meet, "it's ready".
No, read and blue lines should both drop to zero. (They do not include 'fixed' bugs)
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Need an updated chart.
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

there you go.. it's up :)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Sheesh, "nominated and blocking" is up even higher, yet the others are pretty much flat!
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

I HAVE A DREAM......

[-o< :)

if this was true ff 1.0 could be released two weeks from now, lol
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

sasquatch wrote:Sheesh, "nominated and blocking" is up even higher, yet the others are pretty much flat!
Because too many nominations aren't up to the mark.

I wouldnt call 25 bug fixes 'flat' either.
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

Yes, lots of nominations are pointless - the purpose is to identify the most important bugs that can be fixed in the next 6-8 weeks. They're obviously not going to delay the release for bugs that people have been with living with in the Suite for years, or for features that will only appeal to a small number of people.

The number of blockers is unrealistic too. The gradient of the green line isn't going to get much better. Even assuming that no more bugs get marked as blockers, at the current rate it would be Christmas before we got to 1.0. They're going to have to attack the red line by removing current blockers (or alternatively, just do the release with a non-zero number of blockers, which has happened before).
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

vfwlkr wrote:
sasquatch wrote:Sheesh, "nominated and blocking" is up even higher, yet the others are pretty much flat!
Because too many nominations aren't up to the mark.

I wouldnt call 25 bug fixes 'flat' either.

I'd say it is pretty flat.

If that were a horsepower or torque curve, that flatness is a desireable thing. Sure, 25 fixes is plenty (compared to 5), but on the scale of the thing, it is flat.

Well, maybe it is time they start working on getting nominations "up to the mark". I guess that means they will be put off until later versions or just ignored (Won't fix).
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

michaell wrote:Yes, lots of nominations are pointless - the purpose is to identify the most important bugs that can be fixed in the next 6-8 weeks. They're obviously not going to delay the release for bugs that people have been with living with in the Suite for years,...

Heavens forbid that they would fix it at this late point. "We just work on new bugs. If they've lived with it that long, it CAN'T be so bad."

(just kidding)
CyberSnooP

It's probably me but...

Post by CyberSnooP »

I don't get it. Why don't the ones that decided on the blocking status go through the nominations faster? This way in theory there could be (about) 250 more blocking bugs before 1.0, but just no one knows?

But hey, I don't understand the blocking status neither, because I can't believe they are all fixed in one month and moving blocking bugs them to the next milestone doesn't make my understanding of blocking any better.
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

actually I guess of that (roughly) 120 current nominations there will be about 50 or so which are really blocking 1.0. I guess about 20 of them will make it, while the rest will be denied since there are still more than enough blockers in.

i share your view on how blockers are handled. back in the days (hehe) was the "Phoenix is bug-driven, not date-driven"-time, but times have changed. For a serious and widely known software it is important to meet its deadlines. however i don't agree with that really... i'm still hoping we will see more days like last week when there were 20 fixes and more a day.
: sensemann.com :
.:: Extensions :.
.:: Themes :.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

latest image? (put at end of thread so we don't have to go back to start again, plus it would keep a "history" of the progress)
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

I think the graph shows the history itsself :P
most of the time i'm just updating the file on the server so it's always up to date when you refresh.

anyway... here's the latest one, just for you so it's on page two as well ;)

crafteh

Post by crafteh »

Maybe you could change the colors of the blocking 1.0, and the blocking 1.0 and FIXED to be more friendly to the colorblind. I can't tell which is which in the graph! D: Maybe a light and a dark color would be good!
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

will do the next time i update.
: sensemann.com :
.:: Extensions :.
.:: Themes :.