..towards Firefox 1.0

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
RichCorb

Post by RichCorb »

amano wrote:Thanks for posting 2 weeks old information as "Update !". The usenet post is from August 2nd!

Was never posted on mz front page so was an update to me!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

sensemann wrote:more bugs "fixed" than "to be fixed" today - for the first time. hooray ;)

I hate to pee on your cornpops, but if that was in your car, you'd be pretty upset. Imagine:

"Today, we finally have the number of things we have fixed on your car is greater than the number of things we still have to fix. What, aren't you happy?"

Just funnin' ya.

;-)
MORA

Post by MORA »

sasquatch wrote:I hate to pee on your cornpops, but if that was in your car, you'd be pretty upset. Imagine:

"Today, we finally have the number of things we have fixed on your car is greater than the number of things we still have to fix. What, aren't you happy?"

Just funnin' ya.

;-)

Do you drive a nightly build of a pre-release of the next car model? ;)
They're funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you're having them - Winnie the Pooh
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

Something else to point out is that "FIXED" status refers to trunk builds, and of course Firefox is on a branch. To get the right numbers, you should actually be checking for the fixed-aviary1.0 keyword that indicates that the bug is fixed on the branch, rather than the "FIXED" status which means it's fixed on the trunk. If you do it that way, there are a few more blockers to count. Also, it looks like those counts are for Firefox bugs only - there are quite a few other bugs which are blockers too.

blocking1.0+ and not fixed-aviary
blocking1.0+ and fixed-aviary
nominated for 1.0
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Ack! That is a lot of bugs.
...Going to play FarmVille ...At least my Black sheep love me.
Scratch that... The crops are wilted, the fruit are rotting on the trees and the sheep have run away.
Toronto International Film Festival
Mook

Post by Mook »

michaell:
Actually, some FIXED bugs are also fixed on the branch - for example, bug 240527 (first resolved fixed bug in the list) - see lxr. As far as I can tell, there is no consistent way of checking...
poot.
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

Mook: yeah, those bugs should have the fixed-aviary1.0 keyword, but not all of them do. I went through and added it to a bunch of them. That one is one of the ones I wasn't sure of. From your lxr link, it obviously is on the branch, so I've added the keyword now...
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

it's not really cool for the graph, but I've updated my bugzilla queries and will be using the better ones from now on.

michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

sensemann wrote:it's not really cool for the graph, but I've updated my bugzilla queries and will be using the better ones from now on.

oops... sorry to mess up your graph :)

The different queries only makes a correction of a few bugs, except for the "FIXED" query, which before was including 1.0PR blockers marked "fixed", and now it isn't.

It's not really possible to make a "good" query which includes both. If it helps, when I ran a query for fixed 1.0PR blockers and then took out the ones that are also 1.0 blockers, it came up with 54 bugs. That's not really a useful figure because of the keyword thing, but adding that on would make your green line figure more consistent with the previous green line figures... whatever you want to do...
Tim R

Post by Tim R »

Perhaps you should insert some kind of marker at the point where you updated the queries? I almost had a heart-attack when I saw the nice green line take such a dive.
Registered Linux user #381103.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

you just need two green lines -- one for the new and one for the old

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
poningru

Post by poningru »

Jees luise scared the crap out of me.
prandal

Post by prandal »

There's a new Roadmap out.

1.0 PR is now expected around August 30th, RC-1 Sept 20th, RC-2 Oct 4th, and 1.0 on Oct 11th.
PiTaGoRaS

Post by PiTaGoRaS »

I've just started the recent installed trunk 2004081907 and the autoupdate tells me to update to 1.0 Preview Release! But when I press Next all the components give error on installing...

UPDATE:
Update Required screen
Error screen
Last edited by PiTaGoRaS on August 20th, 2004, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Powersurge

Post by Powersurge »

PiTaGoRaS wrote:I've just started the recent installed trunk 2004081907 and the autoupdate tells me to update to 1.0 Preview Release! But when I press Next all the components give error on installing...
That's been happening for some days, probably intended to test the update detection function. As there is no 1.0PR so far (it has just been rescheduled for Aug 30), it is of course not possible to update to it.
Firefox. To burn or not to be.