How do I know what build I am using?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
loomis

How do I know what build I am using?

Post by loomis »

Probably a dumb question, but I have no idea how to figure aout exactly which build I have installed. There is nothing under tools>options that tells me. about:mozila doesn't tell me. about:config doesn't tell me either.

Thanks,
Loomis
The television is the retina of the mind's eye.

--Videodrome
satan

Post by satan »

about:

or

in the menu help > about
Arctic Dragon

Post by Arctic Dragon »

http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy/basic.html will also tell you. :D

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030510 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
satan

Post by satan »

Nah.. Silly to go to some online-page for that.
banjobacon!

Post by banjobacon! »

How come UA information for Internet Explorer always contains Mozilla in it. That always bugged me. IE uses Mozilla? No, that can't be.
avbohemen

Post by avbohemen »

banjobacon1 wrote:How come UA information for Internet Explorer always contains Mozilla in it. That always bugged me. IE uses Mozilla? No, that can't be.

No, IE is based on some (really old?) implementation of Mozilla. As were the first versions (2, 3?) of Netscape. The UA of IE says "mozilla compatible"... we all know how microsoft interprets the term 'compatible'.
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

avbohemen wrote:
banjobacon1 wrote:How come UA information for Internet Explorer always contains Mozilla in it. That always bugged me. IE uses Mozilla? No, that can't be.

No, IE is based on some (really old?) implementation of Mozilla. As were the first versions (2, 3?) of Netscape. The UA of IE says "mozilla compatible"... we all know how microsoft interprets the term 'compatible'.

IE uses Mozilla in the useragent to claim Netscape compatibilty. It's not based on any form of Mozilla. It's based on Mosaic.
loomis

ahh thank you

Post by loomis »

Ahh thanks, "about:" works great. Never even knew that existed. I even searched through all the forums repeatedly trying to find out this simple info. I don't have a help menu, I must of turned it off somewhere.

Thanks,
Loomis
The television is the retina of the mind's eye.

--Videodrome