2003-05-11 Win32 (OFFICIAL)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
CaiGua

Post by CaiGua »

Jeff_pony wrote:Get a error installing 'blue curve' from http://themes.mozdev.org/phoenix/blue.html . grr.

I've tried, no error.
for 0511 nightly
saunaclub

Post by saunaclub »

Jeff_pony wrote:anyway to disable talkback, as it keep loading with firebird which out the option to stop it.

this would be realy nice. This talkback thing pops up every time i start firebird. But it isn't fully displayed and in the taskbar it says "spiral_window_name".
I can't cancel this pop-up, so i have to destroy it through the task-manager :(
"My mouth says the words, my brain's thinking: MONSTER TRUCKS!"
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

bla wrote:<snip> I do think that there should be a throbber, you don't even know if the page is loading... <snip>

Watch your stop button while a page is loading. Unlike IE the stop button is only active while a page is loading & greyed out when a page is finished loading. That, as far as I know is why the throbber isn't shown by default.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

CaiGua wrote:
Jeff_pony wrote:Get a error installing 'blue curve' from http://themes.mozdev.org/phoenix/blue.html . grr.

I've tried, no error.
for 0511 nightly

Correction: Seems to be working now, who knows what was up.
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
zengiman

Post by zengiman »

Hmmm, have to say the unofficial build from pryan works a lot better on my computer (xp sp1)...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030511 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

saunaclub wrote:
Jeff_pony wrote:anyway to disable talkback, as it keep loading with firebird which out the option to stop it.

this would be realy nice. This talkback thing pops up every time i start firebird. But it isn't fully displayed and in the taskbar it says "spiral_window_name".
I can't cancel this pop-up, so i have to destroy it through the task-manager :(

The reason the talkback app "spiral_window_name" is starting each time you start Firebird is the .nub file in \phoenix\components\Netscape\MozillaFirebird\.

Just delete this file and kill the talkback app one last time. You won't see it until your next crash.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

willll wrote:
Smokey wrote:
Ponch0 wrote:Works pretty well, however be wary of modifying your toolbar. Bad things happen.
would you care to ellaborate? what exactly is wrong with the toolbar?
it crashes when you try to add a item to your toolbar.
EDIT: and when you remove item from the toolbar. talback doesnt seem to be working either.

It only crashes when you drag'n'drop (to and from) to the bookmarks toolbar.
Workaround: No crash occurs when you drag'n'drop to your bookmarks toolbar folder on the bookmarks sidebar or when you use the context menu on the toolbar or sidebar.

BTW, did anyone file a bug? Or find one already filed?
saunaclub

Post by saunaclub »

danke ;)

BTW: does anyone know what changes were made from 20030504 - > 20030511?
Where can i look it up?
"My mouth says the words, my brain's thinking: MONSTER TRUCKS!"
schwank

Post by schwank »

NT Authentication is working!

Downloaded 5-11 last nite at home and all was dandy. Pull into the office, and I can finally use firebird for all my development, because NTLM has been included in this nightly...

Makes a monday morning a little better.... now where's my coffee?
Disreali

Post by Disreali »

I read here that a lot of ppl using the new nightly are having problems, but no one has they have submitted a bugzilla report. Bugzilla really needs to be used more if you want the problems to be fixed.

Also, is anyone doing testing as Asa outlined in this post? Proper testing of the nightlies is also very important. I don't really have the time to do it most days, so Im not helping the way I would like to be able.

Both of these need to be done by all of us if we what Firebird to get better. Please help out.
chw131

Post by chw131 »

Looks like there is inconsistency results for different version of windows systems.
Pryan's build was built on Win XP SP1.
Can someone let us know what platform of windows the Official Build was made.
So, I can test them accordingly. Thanks a million.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Disreali wrote:Also, is anyone doing testing as Asa outlined in this post? Proper testing of the nightlies is also very important. I don't really have the time to do it most days, so Im not helping the way I would like to be able.

Both of these need to be done by all of us if we what Firebird to get better. Please help out.

I have volountered to do "smoketests" and written to Asa. They have´nt really started with those yet, so...
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

I filed bug 20539:
Crash when I try to drag and drop a bookmark to or from the bookmarks toolbar.

Maybe someone can have a look at it...
jaz

Post by jaz »

I did a clean install of this build and I can't make to work the Compact Menu extension.
tseelee

Thanks a bunch...

Post by tseelee »

Steffen wrote:I filed bug 20539:
Crash when I try to drag and drop a bookmark to or from the bookmarks toolbar.

Maybe someone can have a look at it...

Thanks for the effort. John Morrison has replied, saying among other things, "The crash noted in this bug is most likely bug 204781. There is a patch pending in that bug."

Hope we see it fixed soon. It doesn't sound like there are other big probs w. this build?