Just in case you didn't notice w. release of 0.6

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
davidpfarrell

BUG : Toolbar Bookmarks Folder Doubling Up

Post by davidpfarrell »

Greetings,

Is anyone else having a problem where, when you launch a second+ browser (ctrl+n or click icon), that every bookmark on the toolbar bookmarks folder appears twice?

It doesn't happen for the first browser window, but for any additinal windows I open.

I noticed it with the official 0.6 release and again with the 5/19 release. It didn't happen right away with the 5/19 release, but now that is has started happening, it wont stop.

-D
Rule 1 : People Are Stupid
neilj

Post by neilj »

I get this often too, but when I tried just now I couldn't reproduce it!
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Works for me.... :)

Try a new profile
neilj

Post by neilj »

If you have All-In-One Gestures installed, try doing "down-up" - this replicates the current tab in a new window. For me this always results in double bookmarks in the personal toolbar.
davidpfarrell

UPDATE / FIX - BUG : Toolbar Bookmarks Folder Doubling Up

Post by davidpfarrell »

Greetings,

Well I just installed the 5/21 nightly and the bug was gone...so I decided to install my usual set of extensions...Immediately afterward I noticed the bug was back!

I disabled the extensions one-by-one and have determied the culprit to be :

<B>Mouse Gestures Extension (mozgest.xpi)</B>

Not sure what the problem is since this bug happens even when you don't use gestures to open a new window.

But you can fix it by disabling that extension.

I'm using v20030511, which is admittedly beta, but they say its the only one that works with 0.6. Perhaps the official 0.4 release will not have the bug.

I haven't tried the all-in-one gestures extension yet, but I will now since I really enjoy using mouse gestures.

Hope that helps,

-D
jensb

Post by jensb »

This bug has been fixed, have a look at http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3780 - you'll find instructions on how to apply the patch to your 20030511 install.

Regards,
Jens
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

Tom Sommer wrote:Well then, why don't people just look at the very first post in this forum... it says "Download Firebird here"... hmmm, I wonder what it contains... What could it be?!

How many times do you check it? Should users be expected to check it w. every release? Should they be expected to check it on name changes?
davidpfarrell

RE:UPDATE / FIX - BUG : Toolbar Bookmarks Folder Doubling Up

Post by davidpfarrell »

jensb wrote:This bug has been fixed, have a look at http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3780 - you'll find instructions on how to apply the patch to your 20030511 install.

Regards,
Jens

Thanx Jens, it worked like a charm!

-D