2003-05-19 win32 is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

sttroopers wrote:
Dunderklumpen wrote:I would go for Style XP instead of Windows Blinds. More stable and reliable - if you are into colors, themes and graphics :-).

StyleXP is a complete and total waste of money. To use custom .msstyles all you need to do is simply install a FREE uxtheme patch. Learn more about it here and/or here ;)

That's what I did...
..::XF::..
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

sttroopers wrote:
Dunderklumpen wrote:I would go for Style XP instead of Windows Blinds. More stable and reliable - if you are into colors, themes and graphics :-).

StyleXP is a complete and total waste of money. To use custom .msstyles all you need to do is simply install a FREE uxtheme patch. Learn more about it here and/or here ;)

Ok, thanx for the info. Then again StyleXP is only 20 dollars and I don´t think it´s a waste of money since it does the job and also keeps tack of themes, bootscreens and some more things. Then again that´s my opinion and an off topic one.
sttroopers

Post by sttroopers »

Dunderklumpen wrote:
sttroopers wrote:

Ok, thanx for the info. Then again StyleXP is only 20 dollars and I don´t think it´s a waste of money since it does the job and also keeps tack of themes, bootscreens and some more things. Then again that´s my opinion and an off topic one.

Do the free patch and spend your 20 bucks on Windowblinds 4. Nothing wrong with having both!
. . : : Y o p e r . c o m : : . .
Aqua.

Post by Aqua. »

I've tried both Style XP and WindowBlinds. I've found WindowBlinds has the following four advantages:

1) It can skin stuff StyleXP can't.
2) It runs faster than StyleXP.
3) There are many more skins for WindowBlinds then StyleXP, and on average.... WB skins are also better done.
4) StyleXP only works for Windows XP (and won't work on Longhorn), WindowBlinds works on 95 - XP and will also work on Longhorn.
Aqua.

Post by Aqua. »

Dunderklumpen wrote:Ok, thanx for the info. Then again StyleXP is only 20 dollars and I don´t think it´s a waste of money since it does the job and also keeps tack of themes, bootscreens and some more things. Then again that´s my opinion and an off topic one.

1) StyleXP and WindowBlinds are the same price
2) WindowBlinds keeps track of themes and more things

WindowBlinds doesn't keep track of bootscreens, that's what I use BootXP for.
Richeem

Post by Richeem »

any ideas on if we are goin go get a windows build tonight?? and I can't you use the modern theme and haven't been able to on any builds or get orbit blue to load? and is it just me or does fb leek memory really bad?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030519 Mozilla Firebird/0.6 with win98se
DamianMoran

Post by DamianMoran »

Richeem wrote:any ideas on if we are goin go get a windows build tonight?? and I can't you use the modern theme and haven't been able to on any builds or get orbit blue to load? and is it just me or does fb leek memory really bad?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030519 Mozilla Firebird/0.6 with win98se

Nope. Usual build time is 17:00-18:00 GMT. Very rarely is it later. And it certainly would not be this late.
ehume