Building for Windows on Linux

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
wadey

Building for Windows on Linux

Post by wadey »

I have successfully built MozillaFirebird on my linux box a few times, and now I would like to do the same for my windows box. I don't know if this is possible, but I thought I would ask:

Is there anyway I can build windows binarys of Firebird on my linux box? I have my linux box set to automaticaly build a new nightly each night, and it would be cool if I could build a windows version too. Anyone know if this can be done?
chrookee

Re: Building for Windows on Linux

Post by chrookee »

wadey wrote:I have successfully built MozillaFirebird on my linux box a few times, and now I would like to do the same for my windows box. I don't know if this is possible, but I thought I would ask:

Is there anyway I can build windows binarys of Firebird on my linux box? I have my linux box set to automaticaly build a new nightly each night, and it would be cool if I could build a windows version too. Anyone know if this can be done?

really doubt if this possible...

c
Linux + Firebird + gtk2 + XFT is neat.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Windows and Linux do not have binary compatibilty. Maybe you could do some DOS emulation and have a compiler run on that. They made it so that you can compile Mozilla with Cygwin/GCC/MingW, so that will eventually happen for Firebird, I think.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
anand

Post by anand »

I did a quick Google search and found some pages that explain how to compile Windows applications on Linux.

Search for "windows linux cross compiler" and see if any of the results help you.
aebrahim

Post by aebrahim »

Take a look at this:

http://mozilla.org/build/cross-compiling.html

It describes I think how to do what you want to do. YMMV.
wadey

Post by wadey »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.