The Official Win32 20040901 [Br/Tr] builds are out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

tvinhas wrote:Unfortunately almost all extensions are not working with the 1.0PR (NOT FINAL).

Damn!

Maybe I'll stick with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040831 Firefox/0.9.1+ (bangbang023) for a week or until things settle down a bit.

For those brave ones who want to try newer versions, I suggest getting Listzilla extension first, then run it and export your extensions, just so you have an inventory ahead of time so in the next month or two, you can slowly rebuild your browser to where it was today.
Greg K Nicholson

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

sasquatch wrote:For those brave ones who want to try newer versions, I suggest getting Listzilla extension first, then run it and export your extensions, just so you have an inventory ahead of time so in the next month or two, you can slowly rebuild your browser to where it was today.
Or, if you're very patient, you can let auto-update handle it all.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

supernova_00 wrote:There are 36 extensions on UMO that are listed as working with 1.0PR http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?numpg=50&os=windows&version=0.10&submit=Update

It figures that out of those 36, I only use one, and already have that version anyhow. That leaves me out of luck on 18 extensions.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Greg K Nicholson wrote:
sasquatch wrote:For those brave ones who want to try newer versions, I suggest getting Listzilla extension first, then run it and export your extensions, just so you have an inventory ahead of time so in the next month or two, you can slowly rebuild your browser to where it was today.
Or, if you're very patient, you can let auto-update handle it all.

Will it auto update even disabled or broken extensions? If so, then that would be fine. If not, then that kind of leaves you out in the cold.