Stable builds?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
geiger

Post by geiger »

Ah, got it. Looks like I'm using... today's. Anyone know how that one is? :)
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

geiger wrote:Looks like I'm using... today's. Anyone know how that one is?

Shouldn't <i>you?</i> :wink:
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
geiger

Post by geiger »

Yeah, but I'm not sure if some things that happen are malfunctioning extensions or what not.

I have this little popup with like a 2px tall content area that seems to come up every once in a while - sometimes crashing the program.
geiger

Post by geiger »

I think the address bar location drag-and-drop (for bookmarks) isn't working, though I could have sworn I used it earlier.
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

vfwlkr wrote:Recommending builds on firebird help isnt much useful. If someone wants a stable one, latest milestone should fit the bill.

Altho. w. the workrate on Firebird, there'll prolly be quite some time btwn milestones, and I think there are enough interest in stable, relatively bug-free builds that are as close to nightlies as possible. Like for everyday use and recommending to friends, I like to know there won't be horrible bugs but also as much of the new features as possible.

For example, it'd be much better to recommend the 6/3 build rather than 6/5. A little reading on this forum will tell the moderators which builds are mostly trouble-free. You can count on the members to make that possible. ;-)
swythan

Build from 1.4 branch?

Post by swythan »

I know Mozilla Firebird is still < 1.0, and thus considered unstable, but it seems to work very well. Almost all problems with nightlies seem to be breaking changes that have happened on the trunk overnight. As we have a reasonably up-to-date stable branch at the moment (i.e. 1.4), would it be worth trying a build of the latest FB code with 1.4 core code instead of the trunk?

Someone said that not much had changed in FB itself since 0.6. I'm guessing that this probably means that it isn't yet relying on anything that is only in the trunk. A build against a stable core would surely be an improvement, then?

OTOH, is the Mozilla Firebird code included in the 1.4 branch?