2003-06-05 build is out - win32

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Nemec

Post by Nemec »

anand wrote:
Neil Parks wrote:
MDesigner wrote:Does 6/5 build fix the Ctrl-W bug? (in 6/4, it became impossible to close the last remaining FB window by using Ctrl-W)

You call that a "bug"? I call it a very desirable option! How can I make it happen?

Try installing Tabbed Browinsg Extensions. That causes that behaviour (which I agree with you, I like :) I always accidentally close my browser by hitting CTRL-W too often).

Don't start dancing, yet. I believe Piro agrees that this is a result of a bug in TBE and will fix it in the next TBE build - so we will be again able to close the last tab with Ctrl-W.
asa

Post by asa »

Tom Sommer wrote:Firebird has gotten ZERO changes since 0.6...

Any Mozilla trunk changes doesn't count BTW :)

Why don't they count? If (hypothetical) yesterday Firebird was unable to render CNN.com and today it is able to render CNN.com you don't think that counts just because it was fixed in /layout rather than in /browser ? If history was completely broken for form fields in frames a week ago and now it works, that doesn't count?

I guess what you're saying is that the only thing that matters is the chrome and no one should be interested in changes to core browsing features like html layout, forms, cookie handling, image rendering, javascript, networking, file handling, history, etc.? What about crash fixes and performance improvements? Doesn't count?

I actually think that stuff is _more_ important than the toolbars and menus but maybe I'm just odd :-)

--Asa
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

asa wrote:Why don't they count? If (hypothetical) yesterday Firebird was unable to render CNN.com and today it is able to render CNN.com you don't think that counts just because it was fixed in /layout rather than in /browser ? If history was completely broken for form fields in frames a week ago and now it works, that doesn't count?

I guess what you're saying is that the only thing that matters is the chrome and no one should be interested in changes to core browsing features like html layout, forms, cookie handling, image rendering, javascript, networking, file handling, history, etc.? What about crash fixes and performance improvements? Doesn't count?

I actually think that stuff is _more_ important than the toolbars and menus but maybe I'm just odd :-)

What I am saying is that Firebird as a fork of Mozilla hasn't seen any major changes.... since the last milestone

The application itself... Gecko and what Firebird enharits from Mozilla has of course changed... But checkins dedicated to Firebird THE BROWSER/APPLICATION, has been few...

I'm talking about features like web panels which is unique to Firebird...

I am aware that Mozilla and Gecko are under constant development, I'd just like to see firebird be that too (Looking forward to the new roadmap :))
rob08

Post by rob08 »

nice to see the build size getting a little smaller, 6.7 -> 6.6mb :)
otherwise, a good build
snyggve
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

Ok, has anybody else tried the MNG/JNG xpi available at http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0225227/ ?
I cannot get it to work, install yes, but work...No :( All Mozilla Firebird does is pop up the download dialog and ask me what it wants to do with the MNG file.
Just for the record, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030605 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
Fortunately, there is the netscape plugin and it does work.
ehume

Possible regression?

Post by ehume »

I have noticed that I cannot revert to Mozilla Firebird theme. Anyone else have this issue?

[edit] Also, it seems that the Link Toolbar and Linkit do not work on this build. They work on 2003-06-03, but not on this build.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Amerk_5

Re: Possible regression?

Post by Amerk_5 »

ehume wrote:I have noticed that I cannot revert to Mozilla Firebird theme. Anyone else have this issue?

That's been a problem for quite awhile now. You have to uninstall your other themes to get MF to revert back to the default theme.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
ehume

Re: Possible regression?

Post by ehume »

Amerk_5 wrote:
ehume wrote:I have noticed that I cannot revert to Mozilla Firebird theme. Anyone else have this issue?

That's been a problem for quite awhile now. You have to uninstall your other themes to get MF to revert back to the default theme.
I thought it was fixed.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

It may have been. I don't look at bugzilla & I haven't downloaded a new nightly since 5/22.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

Gyges wrote:Ok, has anybody else tried the MNG/JNG xpi available at http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0225227/ ?
I cannot get it to work, install yes, but work...No :( All Mozilla Firebird does is pop up the download dialog and ask me what it wants to do with the MNG file.
Well according to the link you put it says that starting with the 0604 nightly builds will not have the MNG/JNG in it.

Well my Firebird is 20030603. So does mine still have the MNG/JNG? And where can I go with those types of images so I can see if they will be shown on this version of Firebird?
neilj

Post by neilj »

Cajun_Man wrote:Well my Firebird is 20030603. So does mine still have the MNG/JNG? And where can I go with those types of images so I can see if they will be shown on this version of Firebird?
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/img_png/pnglogo-grr-anim-lc.mng
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

WooHoo. I saw the animation so I do have it in mine.

Thanks.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

me too! Firebird's going to have to introduce some pretty good features for me to bother upgrading now!

(And I used to update every third day, oh well.)
jeanjean

Post by jeanjean »

that mng file is the only one i have ever seen on the web for years now
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

jeanjean wrote:that mng file is the only one i have ever seen on the web for years now

True, but the themers use that file type quite a bit, so that really is where the bone of contention is.