Firefox slow to load

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Jim too

Re: Firefox slow to load

Post by Jim too »

I have never been troubled by the start time for Minefield but based on Sam's observation I checked and found several hundred files and/or links in the folders identified. After some house cleaning, my subjective observation is Minefield start time has been reduced. The number of files/links in these folders clearly can vary from one user to another. Sam's question about why the files in these folders are being accessed probably should be in a bug report.
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

Someones head is gonna roll over this.

Windows FF 3.5 rc2/rc3 and now 3.5 FINAL all take about 15-30 seconds to do some sort of polling after you either (1) reboot your pc, or (2) wait some *indefinite* period of time before restarting ... FF3.5 on windows platform. The issue is not apparent on Linux FF3.5 FINAL.

I venture to suggest that some type of "testing" algorithm was NOT removed before FINAL release of the Windows version.

Creating a new USER using "firefox.exe -P" (or "firefox.exe -profilemanager') does not resolve the problem. A new USER profile has NO extensions so this obviates the discussion about plugins and extensions.

To all newbie/experts posting to this thread ... "get a grip on reality". This problem is prolific. I have already been contacted by about 50+ of my clients who report this same issue.

MOZILLA. I think you're gonna find about 99.999% of the people who downloaded Windows 3.5 FINAL are gonna be pissed!!!

Eagerly watching the news broadcasts on satellite TV.

Johnny
James

Post by James »

johnbub wrote:Windows FF 3.5 rc2/rc3 and now 3.5 FINAL all take about 15-30 seconds to do some sort of polling after you either (1) reboot your pc, or (2) wait some *indefinite* period of time before restarting ... FF3.5 on windows platform. The issue is not apparent on Linux FF3.5 FINAL.

I venture to suggest that some type of "testing" algorithm was NOT removed before FINAL release of the Windows version.

MOZILLA. I think you're gonna find about 99.999% of the people who downloaded Windows 3.5 FINAL are gonna be pissed!!!

Eagerly watching the news broadcasts on satellite TV.

The Firefox 3.5 release is not likely the reason as there could be a variety of issues causing it. One user reported that due to Steam not cleaning up after itself it caused Firefox to slow on launch though normally Firefox itself does not use the Temporary Internet Files (used by IE and such) as only a few Plugins like wmp use temp files. http://groups.google.ca/group/mozilla.f ... 29e?hl=en#

Pulling guesses out of thin air as there is no testing algorithm or such in the Beta/RC builds and the RC3 = Final just like the last Major releases where the last RC becomes the release.

mozillaZine.org is not Mozilla http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

Next on 10:00 news, the new Firefox 3.5 release has been a huge success despite the few minor reports of issues that can happen with every new major release.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

johnbub wrote:Someones head is gonna roll over this.

Probably yours, with stuff like this -

johnbub wrote:A new USER profile has NO extensions so this obviates the discussion about plugins and extensions.

Firefox has plugin autodetection for many plugins, so plugins would still be relevant in any troubleshooting discussion, new USER profile or not.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

What I should have said was "NO ABNORMAL PLUGINS/EXTENSIONS"

I have reported this issue to the "FORUM" for nearly 2 months but no one has the intellect, like yourself, to sort this issue.
James

Post by James »

johnbub wrote:I have reported this issue to the "FORUM" for nearly 2 months.

Must have have been while as a random Guest as you only have three posts.
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

Have you ever heard of BOGUS posts.

I have been phoned this morning by almost all my supported clients who all run Windows XP. They have all asked me to fix this issue. That's 50+ (actually 58, last phone call) who have reported the same issue. All of them have been running FF3+ (3.0.3 to 3.0.11) versions of firefox without this issue.

Go figure?
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

Ha ha... that shut the so called 'experts' up, didn't it?!!!

Anyone here who has 50+ clients with this similar issue.? Probably not. I'm guessing there will be a FF3.5.1 update within the next week.
James

Post by James »

johnbub wrote:Ha ha... that shut the so called 'experts' up, didn't it?!!!.

Or much more likely because nobody really wants to help somebody with your attitude and comments in some of your posts...
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

Says "James" with his fox head buried in the sand.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Obviously you need a better IT guy as you monitor is unable to tell that it's snow.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

johnbub, there are rules here against insults and name calling. If you have a serious support question, please deal with it in a less confrontational manner. You can either lighten up on your comments or be given a vacation from the forums.
johnbub

Post by johnbub »

Dan Raisch Vista Home Premium 64, FF 3.0.11, TB 2.0.0.22::

Dan. Have you tried 3.5 yet which would make you qualified to comment on what you deem are offensive posts?

There ARE problems with 3.5 on Windows that did not exist in 3.0+ versions up to 3.0.11. Check out the posts for "missing saved-passwords" where the fix is to delete the signons.sqlite file from your profile to retrieve your passwords.

One of the original posters on this thread has stated that //restoring FF// and //deactivating AV// and //loading on XP/Vista// and //creating new profiles// does not fix the issue of the 15-30 second lag on 3.5 startup.

Do you have an answer that helps my 50+ irate customers?

Cheers
dalef

Post by dalef »

I am having the same problem with the Firefox 3.5 final in that it takes close to 2 minutes to open after a reboot.

I started a thread here - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1326105
Stifu

Post by Stifu »

johnbub wrote:Ha ha... that shut the so called 'experts' up, didn't it?!!!

Ha ha... Ever thought of reading the previous pages, in case someone already found and proposed a solution?