The Official Win32 20090815 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
alex_mayorga

Re: The Official Win32 20090815 Trunk build is not yet out.

Post by alex_mayorga »

Can anyone confirm or tell why the "Entidad" combo is not populate on this page http://enlace2006.sep.gob.mx/resultados ... sicion.asp when using Firefox (fails even on 3.5) but works just fine on Chrome?
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

It seems to me that the DM is only blank while a download is in progress. Has anyone seen otherwise? I had the DM open earlier and it was ok. I just downloaded something. And I opened the DM while it was downloading and it was empty. After the download was complete I opened the DM again and the list was back.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

I'm curious.
The 3.6 branch has this in channel-prefs.js:

Code: Select all

//@line 2 "/builds/slave/mozilla-central-linux-nightly/build/browser/app/profile/channel-prefs.js"
pref("app.update.channel", "nightly");

The 3.7 trunk has this in channel-prefs.js:

//@line 2 "/builds/moz2_slave/mozilla-central-linux-nightly/build/browser/app/profile/channel-prefs.js"
pref("app.update.channel", "nightly");

firefox-l10n.js shows the correct 1.9.2 and central.

//@line 36 "/builds/moz2_slave/mozilla-1.9.2-linux-nightly/build/browser/locales/en-US/firefox-l10n.js"
//@line 38 "/builds/moz2_slave/mozilla-1.9.2-linux-nightly/build/browser/locales/en-US/firefox-l10n.js"
pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US");

//@line 36 "/builds/moz2_slave/mozilla-central-linux-nightly/build/browser/locales/en-US/firefox-l10n.js"
//@line 38 "/builds/moz2_slave/mozilla-central-linux-nightly/build/browser/locales/en-US/firefox-l10n.js"
pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US");
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

polidobj wrote:It seems to me that the DM is only blank while a download is in progress. Has anyone seen otherwise?

Yes. Usually for me, when it's blank it's blank; period.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

C@rb0n wrote:
polidobj wrote:It seems to me that the DM is only blank while a download is in progress. Has anyone seen otherwise?

Yes. Usually for me, when it's blank it's blank; period.

Then, in a sense, Download Statusbar hides this from me. I have been opening Download Mgr. via the toolbar button I use.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Andu

Post by Andu »

Does anybody know the reason for the respin?
KennS

Post by KennS »

As of the change to 3.7a1 today, the multi-line bookmark toolbar is horked. Icons don't line wrap but the toolbar takes up enough room for two lines.

Any one know what to change??

It still works properly in Firefox and Namoroka.
--
from the bottom of the rockpile
James

Post by James »

viewtopic.php?p=7236985#p7236985
oorwullie wrote:
James wrote:The Trunk has always been called Minefield ever since about mid-April 2006. Bug 308973 - Rebrand Firefox trunk and 1.8 branch builds to avoid confusion

James, great piece of history. Thanks. Do you have a good memory or how did you dig this bug up?

Well I am sure most of us who have been using and following nightlies for quite some time have some bugs they remember well or have cluttered up in bookmarks. Been using nightlies for over six years now though not as much bleeding edge in last year or so.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Andu wrote:Does anybody know the reason for the respin?

@Andu,

In case you have not understood what we have been discussing, anyone on Minefield was updated, I believe this morning, to the new 1.9.2 Namoroka Fx3.6a2pre Branch instead of staying on Trunk. ( #-o ) Yes, that is correct. The way the system is set up, if you are on Trunk/Minefield and want to stay on Trunk/Minefield, you have to download and install/unzip the latest Minefield nightly (See link in Peter's OP). That meant I ended up with Namoroka Branch in my C:\Program Folders\Minefield folder.( ](*,) )

This made me have to download both Trunk and the new Branch to get everything straightened out.

Ironically, the Namoroka Branch was NOT generated with the Namoroka branding. It still said Minefield and wanted to default into the Minefield folder. Only now during the day did they kick off a respin of Namoroka with the rebranding.

I am using the now properly branded Namoroka Branch to enter this post.

If you only updated when prompted, then it is likely you are now on Namoroka Branch. If you want to return to Trunk/Minefield, you will have to download and install Minefield.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
tqft

Post by tqft »

[quote="virus_found"]
Yes, that's unfair. But the trunk source tree is unchanged, and those who prefer building it manually do "hg pull;hg update;make" as they always do.[/quote]

Just a minor correction in case anyone tries this
hg pull does not update you to the tip of the new trunk (learnt on IRC a few branches back) -
hg pull -r
takes you to the tip of the tree, unless the mercurial people have changed the way things work

hg pull -r default && hg update && make -f client.mk profiledbuild
Andu

Post by Andu »

WildcatRay wrote:
Andu wrote:Does anybody know the reason for the respin?

@Andu,

In case you have not understood what we have been discussing, anyone on Minefield was updated, I believe this morning, to the new 1.9.2 Namoroka Fx3.6a2pre Branch instead of staying on Trunk. ( #-o ) Yes, that is correct. The way the system is set up, if you are on Trunk/Minefield and want to stay on Trunk/Minefield, you have to download and install/unzip the latest Minefield nightly (See link in Peter's OP). That meant I ended up with Namoroka Branch in my C:\Program Folders\Minefield folder.( ](*,) )

This made me have to download both Trunk and the new Branch to get everything straightened out.

Ironically, the Namoroka Branch was NOT generated with the Namoroka branding. It still said Minefield and wanted to default into the Minefield folder. Only now during the day did they kick off a respin of Namoroka with the rebranding.

I am using the now properly branded Namoroka Branch to enter this post.

If you only updated when prompted, then it is likely you are now on Namoroka Branch. If you want to return to Trunk/Minefield, you will have to download and install Minefield.

You are right. On yesterday's nightly thread the discussion said that the update would put us on the trunk rather than the branch so I didn't bother to follow up on that. It makes sense though since this has always been the procedure so far.

Time for a manual update ;).
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

from yesterday, viewtopic.php?p=7239715#p7239715

when trunk is bumped up and new branch is created, if you want to go/play with trunk, you have to download new trunk build manually.
if you use auto update, then you got to new branch from trunk. it's the same way as before, when new Firefox 1.5 branch was out, 2.0 branch was out, 3.0 branch was out .......
pgreco

Post by pgreco »

alex_mayorga wrote:Can anyone confirm or tell why the "Entidad" combo is not populate on this page http://enlace2006.sep.gob.mx/resultados ... sicion.asp when using Firefox (fails even on 3.5) but works just fine on Chrome?

Alex, after a few tests and a little help of firebug, I really cant understand why it works :-k . It has undefined variables, some miracle parameters. If this is your code you can send send me a PM or an email so you can sort this out. If it's not, it's time to give the webmaster a call.
Pablo.
geeknik

Post by geeknik »

Character count missing from Twitter.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=510632
zdzichu

Post by zdzichu »

I've got problem because I think it's a bug
so
lets open 3 tabs ( in my example: igoogle, bugzilla, hacks.mozilla.org )
I can see close button on every tab
but when I close igoogle (I mean first tab)
then on hacks.mozilla.org (last tab) close button disappeears

it doesn't happen when I close other tabs (tabs different than first)