MozillaZine

Thanks for "use last download folder"!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Jugalator

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 4:21 pm

I don't really know when this option appeared since I haven't downloaded any nightly since 0.4 "final". Anyway, saw there's a "Remember the last directory I saved in" in the GUI and all! :-) Just what I wished to have a week ago or so... Thanks! ;-)

But I can't find any fix in Bugzilla for this which make me wonder if I was blind when setting my preferences in 0.4? :-/

flii

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 4:59 pm

when i first used phoenix it didn't remember my last download directory, either. being so new, i didn't know about the bug list or much about anything, really. i have noticed that one day it was just fixed, but again, i was still kinda in awe of the browser and didn't know when it happened. ;) i highly doubt you were blind, however.

Jugalator

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 12:57 am

Hm.. Just checked and I'm using Phoenix 0.4 (20021029) at work and the only trace of download settings is a "display download progress" directly under the Advanced tab. You can't set anything else it seems, and there isn't even a "Download settings" list item. So I must have been using a nightly with a download settings item but still no "remember last" choice.

Seems there are a quite a bit fiddling with the GUI, which is to expect really. :)

Perhaps it's all due to bug 161749, "finish tearing prefs UI to pieces and then make it not suck". ;)

JakeNL

Post Posted November 28th, 2002, 3:35 pm

Jugalator wrote:I don't really know when this option appeared since I haven't downloaded any nightly since 0.4 "final". Anyway, saw there's a "Remember the last directory I saved in" in the GUI and all! :-) Just what I wished to have a week ago or so... Thanks! ;-)

But does it actually work??

I mean save in a different folder one time, and the next download still choses the default folder?

On my PC it is always "remember last dir", no matter what I choose.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021128 Phoenix/0.4

Return to Firefox Builds