Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
my god , they are taking forever
Patience patience said the man,
patience patience I can't understand...
Considering that Adobe *just* released Flash 10.1, and considering that they were not actually ready to release Flash 10.1, but were forced to because of a security bug, it's understandable that Mozilla would want to make sure that this version will be up to snuff. Also, most people who actually *care* about it are already using the RC builds, and are certainly not running Chrome or Safari.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Fullscreen video controls on ve3d videos such as http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/69204/PC/Por ... ut-Trailer have not worked in any 3.6.4 RC's (I've only just checked this out and found OOPP on or off isn't the issue and 3.6.3 and earlier work fine., I had thought ve3d was broken)
It may be a ve3d issue exposed by 3.6.4, but ve3d have said they don't have time to investigate it until after E3.
My mistake, I'd forgotten about the individual plugin override and I was only changing dom.ipc.plugins.enabled
it works in 3.6,4 with OOPP for flash off.
it fails with OOPP for flash on.
I'm running Flash 10.1 final and 3.6.4 b7 and I agree, the play/pause control doesn't work while in fullscreen mode, but work final in normal mode.
What concerns me the most is that sqlLite had a tiny update since 3.6.22 that fixes a scenario that during a rollback, if the app stops hard (power off) the database would be corrupt. It's a fairly niche scenario but very concerning as it would fubar all your Firefox data. I'm hoping they update sqlLite before 3.6.4 goes final.
You can read the changelog entry here: http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html
Did anyone file a bug?
OK, filed Bug 572417 - [OOPP]Video control does not work while in full screen mode of the flash
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Stop rapid release without automated test!
Now, Firefox lacks reliability. Storm of regression bugs. Let's switch to Chrome.
I guess Ci7's patience is wearing thin. I, on the other hand, don't mind the delays since I can use the latest candidate build of 3.6.4. I'd rather have a stable 3.6.4 release with all those delays than a "rushed" and buggy 3.6.4 release.
um, I do use Chrome 6.0 (latest dev build) and Safari 5.0 along with latest FF 3.6.4 build, patrickjdempsey.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a build 8 for 3.6.4. Guess I'll wait til bug 572417 gets fixed, then the final FF 3.6.4 release may come out next week (or two).
Are there new blockers found in Build #7?
or is 3.6.4 scheduled to be released today as the latest notes indicated?
The situation is not very good for developers, though. 3.6.4 will only accept one-two bugfixes.
All other potential bugfixes will have to wait and wait and wait... without any testing.
Last edited by maxst on June 17th, 2010, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Planni ... 6_Progress
Obviously that was a typo and I meant 3.6.4 rather than 3.5.4
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: roban and 4 guests