The Official Win32 20041216 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Just an FYI, as if anyone cared: I just installed the Windows installer version, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041215 Firefox/1.0+, on top of my existing install of the release version thereof, using existing profile, including forth-nine in-use extensions, with no apparent problems

I wrote "apparent" as I've not done much work with this, but the install went smoothly, the extensons are all active, the world has--apparently--not ended, and I've still got plenty of "Bah! Humbugs!" to share with anyone who'd like one.

Oh, there's a funny buglet, which may only appear with my use of the Little Firefox 1.0.1 theme: In Bonsai Watch, the box to the right of the product selector box never gets big enough, even when I change the on-screen font size, to show the text that is in it. Clicking on the box brings up the selected product, it is just that there's nothing there to tell you what the box is for.
narayanis

Post by narayanis »

i'm on the 1.0 milestone, and this bug just started hitting me about 15 minutes ago after updating to the latest version of tabbrowser extensions

edit: well now it's stopped, but i got it four times in a row previously on other sites just after updating the extension. it looked like at some point all of my prefs were suddenly ignored until i restarted FF
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

*Bug I've noticed since 11/15 [possibly prior to this?]: Desktop icon will appear regardless via exe install ignoring request to not have one [unchecking the option].

*Bug I've noticed since 12/15: The use of the Tab key [keyboard] to move from one field box to another undeneath it always reverts the cursor to the toolbar search box rather than the next field box originally desired.

*Can anyone confirm?

Also, I've been wondering. Can we turn on the ability to switch themes w/o restarting Firefox? Has the functionality been taken totally out or temporarily turned off? Or, is this something we can implement via about:config? I really miss this feature so any roundabout ways to getting this done are welcome.

AND
I've been having extension version compatibility issues. Possibly with themes as well. I can't get GreyModern to install for the life of me. It won't even acknowledge it in the TM with so much as a install progress bar. Any drag & drop made to the TM of this particular theme renders no action it made it in. It also has deemed Rain 1.6 incompatible and disabled it. But mainly since the DAMN inclusion of 1.0+, extensions are disabling all over the place. I sincerely damn the person who invented version numbers... Anyway, I disgress from fooling with my install.rdf so about:config recommendations are welcome. Lastapp. is currently set to 1.0 but it ain't cuttin' it no more. So am I correct in assuming 1.0+ is necessary?
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
bmason

Post by bmason »

oldtimer wrote:*Bug I've noticed since 11/15 [possibly prior to this?]: Desktop icon will appear regardless via exe install ignoring request to not have one [unchecking the option].

Bug 245392.
jmg

Printing broken with 2004-12-15 installer ?

Post by jmg »

I couldn't print with the 2004-12-15 installer. I could do a "print preview" and configure my printer, but the printing itself failed ("printer not available" if I remember well). I was forced to use IE :-( . Has someone had the same problem ?
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

xal wrote:hi, can anyone confirm this with the latest nightly (2004-12-15):
Having two tabs open:
Open any web page on the first one(i used google)
On the second tab open this link
try closing the second tab and voila! all tabs dissapear, and you seem locked. Refreshing doesn't work, typing another url doesn't work either...
The only thing i could do in order to be able to see the previous tab, or any other url was opening a new tab.
If you have more than one tab open, then the tab bar still shows, but clicking on the tabs does nothing... you're still stuck in a gray window until you open a new tab.

Thanks!

Edit:
By the way, i tried this on FF 1.0 and it works fine

Tried it on this build Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041215 Firefox/1.0+ 11:23 or so TD stamp and sure enough it does exactly that. Locks up everything and you can't get out of it. I had to close Firefox to get out of it. Then come back.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
Peter(6)

Re: Printing broken with 2004-12-15 installer ?

Post by Peter(6) »

jmg wrote:I couldn't print with the 2004-12-15 installer. I could do a "print preview" and configure my printer, but the printing itself failed ("printer not available" if I remember well). I was forced to use IE :-( . Has someone had the same problem ?
WFM using:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041216 Firefox/1.0+ (zip build)
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
TheOldMan

Post by TheOldMan »

Ben Goodger reports,

"What I'm doing right now:...And some ancilliary patches that pave the way for 1.5 and 2.0 features, like a patch that improves the look of tabs on Windows."

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041216 Firefox/1.0+ (Beast Exe 2004121601)
jmg

Post by jmg »

Peter(6) wrote:
jmg wrote:I couldn't print with the 2004-12-15 installer. I could do a "print preview" and configure my printer, but the printing itself failed ("printer not available" if I remember well). I was forced to use IE :-( . Has someone had the same problem ?
WFM using:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041216 Firefox/1.0+ (zip build)

I'll try the next nightly then, with a new profile and re-creating the printer. I also realised there was a specific bug forum. I'll go there next time. Thanks for trying and answering !
xal

Post by xal »

Goddess Of Light wrote:Tried it on this build Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041215 Firefox/1.0+ 11:23 or so TD stamp and sure enough it does exactly that. Locks up everything and you can't get out of it. I had to close Firefox to get out of it. Then come back.

Well, actually, as I said before, you can make everything work again by opening a new tab (Ctrl+T).
Anyway, is there a bug for this? has anyone reported this? should I? I've never done it before, so I'm not sure how to...

Thanks again!!
xal
TheOldMan

Post by TheOldMan »

Yeah, I think you should report the bug. Just go to Bugzilla, open an account (and read the instructions).
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
___
xal

Post by xal »

Ok, I just filed a bug: 274899
xal
TheOldMan

Post by TheOldMan »

Good job! Now maybe Peter can put it in the "Red" list.
___
mw22

Post by mw22 »

xal wrote:hi, can anyone confirm this with the latest nightly (2004-12-15):
Having two tabs open:
Open any web page on the first one(i used google)
On the second tab open this link
try closing the second tab and voila! all tabs dissapear, and you seem locked. Refreshing doesn't work, typing another url doesn't work either...
The only thing i could do in order to be able to see the previous tab, or any other url was opening a new tab.
If you have more than one tab open, then the tab bar still shows, but clicking on the tabs does nothing... you're still stuck in a gray window until you open a new tab.

I can see the bug, using my latest trunk build.
The bug doesn't happen when I have js turned off.
I suspect it is the onunload code that is executed on the body that triggers the bug.

edit:
I think this should be filed as a new bug.
I haven't figured out yet why this happens though.
Last edited by mw22 on December 16th, 2004, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

jmg wrote:
Peter(6) wrote:
WFM using:

I'll try the next nightly then, with a new profile and re-creating the printer. I also realised there was a specific bug forum. I'll go there next time. Thanks for trying and answering !

Printing is broken in installer builds. Works in zip builds. I am filing a bug on this.

EDIT: <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=274903">Bug 274903</a>.
Last edited by wgianopoulos on December 16th, 2004, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.