Build Bar?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
djst

Build Bar?

Post by djst »

Phoenix Builds - "Talk about nightly Phoenix builds and the Build Bar."

Sorry about this question, but what exactly is the Build Bar?
cdn

Post by cdn »

the dark green bar on the first page of mozillaZine, with links to latest nightlies / releases of Mozilla based works
asa

Re: Build Bar?

Post by asa »

djst wrote:Phoenix Builds - "Talk about nightly Phoenix builds and the Build Bar."

Sorry about this question, but what exactly is the Build Bar?

There was a time, in ancient Mozilla history, when I used to evaluate the daily builds on mac, windows and linux every day and put a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" next to a link to each of those builds listed in a bar across the top of the front page. After a while people wanted more information so I created the BuildBar Comments page (see http://www.mozillazine.org/build_commen ... ments.html for an random page example) where I'd rate the builds and post a paragraph or two about what was new and exciting or horrible and broken with the daily builds. After a couple of years of updating the bar and the comments every day (with some help from a great guy named Alan Jones and some help from my pall Tony Jordan) I got swamped with other work and the old mozilla forums had a number of really good regular contributors so it all kinda ended. It was great while it lasted.

--Asa