The Official Win32 20100501 Trunk build is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Hanki

Re: The Official Win32 20100501 Trunk build is not yet out

Post by Hanki »

i really dont know why half of you are complaining about Extensions breaking, if your not Prepared for Breakage with an Alpha, dont Use it, simple. IMO its up to the Authors of those Extensions to keep up to date with Nightlies, not the Mozilla Devz

sorry, just adding my 2cents worth
trieste

Post by trieste »

My extensions appear to be working except for Greasemonkey. I find the Addons UI too spread out (moving cursor around too much).

Suggestion: if doubleclicking on an addon leads to a description page for that addon, then doubleclicking on whitespace in the description page should lead back to the main addon list.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Demandred wrote:i really dont know why half of you are complaining about Extensions breaking, if your not Prepared for Breakage with an Alpha, dont Use it, simple. IMO its up to the Authors of those Extensions to keep up to date with Nightlies, not the Mozilla Devz

That second part depends. Though the only way to know is to file a bug and or let the extension author know about it. Though the standard fare seems to be "Contact the author of the extension".

Mossop and friends seem to be on top of this though and most of the bugs seem small(to me; corrections and regressions mostly) but they add up quick.
Hanki

Post by Hanki »

Omega X wrote:
Demandred wrote:i really dont know why half of you are complaining about Extensions breaking, if your not Prepared for Breakage with an Alpha, dont Use it, simple. IMO its up to the Authors of those Extensions to keep up to date with Nightlies, not the Mozilla Devz

That second part depends. Though the only way to know is to file a bug and or let the extension author know about it. Though the standard fare seems to be "Contact the author of the extension".

Mossop and friends seem to be on top of this though and most of the bugs seem small(to me; corrections and regressions mostly) but they add up quick.

since Code in the Browser is changing it would be up to the Authors of the Extensions to keep up with the new Code, but i doubt they do that cause Code between Alpha's change so much there's no point in keeping up, sure file a Bug but still it comes down to the Author not the Mozilla Devs to make sure the Extension works "Contact the author of the extension" <-- that would be the Logical thing to do, but i think its obvious a lot of Authors dont really fix there extensions till the Beta if not Release Candidate comes out. Mozilla have to do something to speed up the browser or they'll get left behind an that may mean a radical change, as they say, you cant please everyone.
Duke D

Post by Duke D »

I just updated builds, and all sorts of weird stuff is going on. I know this has probably been asked a ton (judging from the 10 and 5 pages in the recent threads), but I had the "Don't check for compatibility" setting in about:config, which no longer seems to work.

Is there a new one for the new add-on manager, or are extensions disabled no matter what now?
pr1xsel

Post by pr1xsel »

Duke D try out this mozilla extension,
if it doesn't enable your extensions yet then try disable > restart > enable or wait for some add-ons fix

Add-on Compatibility Reporter by Mozilla <- always works for me
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15003
There's also Nightly Tester Tools https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

nearly none of my extensions broke, apart from Default full zooms icon disappearing (still works), Persona addons menu's are missing, and nightly tester tools won't copy my extension list into a text box

google toolbar is pretty much broken.

lol, minimise to tray won't minimise either.

but everything works otherwise.
Ci7

Post by Ci7 »

i just updated ABP and it vanished instead LOOL

i guess we will have to wait few more days for AOM to be fully fuctional
Last edited by Ci7 on May 1st, 2010, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

ABP working fine with the new AOM

use the development builds.
Ci7

Post by Ci7 »

squall_leonhart wrote:ABP working fine with the new AOM

use the development builds.

i am actually using it
pr1xsel

Post by pr1xsel »

Ci7 wrote:i just updated ABP and it vanished instead LOL

Same for me, icons were kept after update. Reinstall it will fix it, sad that it's harder to notice addons install progress and warnings without manually looking up at manager.
Ver Greeneyes

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

DownThemAll's latest nightly works with the new add-ons manager.
TheReal_sabret00the

Post by TheReal_sabret00the »

NoScript mostly works, however it needs a bit of tweaking, I expect the next build or the one after to restore full usability.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Builds out:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100501 Minefield/3.7a5pre ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Firefox/3.6.3 ID:20100501040355
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
Testing with latest Nightly and Aurora builds.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

TheReal_sabret00the wrote:NoScript mostly works, however it needs a bit of tweaking, I expect the next build or the one after to restore full usability.

Have you done what is recommended in this post, too?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi