Latest build: userChrome.css

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Kamui

Latest build: userChrome.css

Post by Kamui »

In the latest build (12/04 - I know: the one that uses system colors and sizes), the changes I make to the selected tab in userChrome.css don't work anymore; everything else works just fine. Is that a permanent and intended change or a bug? (I am using W2KSP3.)
alanjstr

Re: Latest build: userChrome.css

Post by alanjstr »

Kamui wrote:In the latest build (12/04 - I know: the one that uses system colors and sizes), the changes I make to the selected tab in userChrome.css don't work anymore; everything else works just fine. Is that a permanent and intended change or a bug? (I am using W2KSP3.)

You're right, it's broken for me too. userContent.css seems to be working fine, though.
I assume you're referring to http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=172751
This is a Mozilla bug. Please report it and post the bugid on this thread. Thanks.
thill

Post by thill »

This is intentional -- it draws tabs with the system colors, including the background. If you want to go back to the previous behavior, you can add the following line to your css for the tab:

-moz-appearance: none !important;
Kamui

Post by Kamui »

thill wrote:This is intentional -- it draws tabs with the system colors, including the background. If you want to go back to the previous behavior, you can add the following line to your css for the tab:

Thanks a lot, that worked just fine.
David James

Post by David James »

Something has also managed to muck up the appearance of the top of the sidebar in my hacked Pinball theme. I'd do something about it, but I'm too busy right now studying (or supposed to be studying). I can see that I am going to have a lot of "fun" fixing Pinball for both OSes soon...
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

thill wrote:This is intentional -- it draws tabs with the system colors, including the background. If you want to go back to the previous behavior, you can add the following line to your css for the tab:

I'm having problems with things other than tabs, such as my status bar overrides. Do I need to code -moz-appearance for every override I put in now? And of course skins will have to start doing this.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

alanjstr wrote:I'm having problems with things other than tabs, such as my status bar overrides. Do I need to code -moz-appearance for every override I put in now?

For every element that has this property set to a value other than none, probably. You could do a search for "-moz-appearance" through all the chrome files to find out where this is the case. To get an idea about the possible values for this property, go here.