Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
earlpiggot

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager land

Post by earlpiggot »

Anyone knows a fix for FireFTP?
avada

Post by avada »

rob64rock wrote:Organize Status Bar now has a working version for Firefox 4 here: Organize Status Bar 0.6.5

Its actually the same as the old one. Only the version number and the max version changed.
alex_mayorga

Post by alex_mayorga »

Anyone more seasoned that can take a look at Yahoo! Toolbar Version 2.3.2.20101022053938, please? [-o<

Code: Select all

Error: button is null
 Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/events.js
 Line: 3
Error: [Exception... "'Method not implemented' when calling method: [nsIAuthPrompt2::asyncPromptAuth]"  nsresult: "0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]
Error: yahooConfMgr is undefined
 Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/yClickProbe.js
Line: 4
Error: yahooToolbarManager is undefined
Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/ytoolbarOverlay.js
 Line: 29
Error: yCache is undefined
Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/ytoolbarOverlay.js
Line: 29
Error: yahooError is not a function
Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/toolbarBuilder.js
Line: 60
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]"  nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://ytoolbar/content/logger.js :: initLogger :: line 5"  data: no]
Error: yahooError is not a function
Source File: chrome://ytoolbar/content/options.js
Line: 5
earlpiggot

Post by earlpiggot »

Has anyone come across an update for Find in Tabs? Or do you know of any equivalent extension?

It's such a usability boost to have the "In all open tabs" check box in th find pane.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

The beta version of this extension: Hide Caption Titlebar Plus (Smart) 2.0.3b as been updated for FF4, which as many more addition features, like the option to have a tooltip of the original Menu bar menus appear when mouse over the FF4 Menu App button and having many FF4 Menu App button appearance options as well.
trieste

Post by trieste »

rob64rock wrote:The beta version of this extension: Hide Caption Titlebar Plus (Smart) 2.0.3b as been updated for FF4, which as many more addition features, like the option to have a tooltip of the original Menu bar menus appear when mouse over the FF4 Menu App button and having many FF4 Menu App button appearance options as well.

Can I create a bug to pester the developers to make this the default menu appearance in Fx 4? :)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

quirK wrote:
rob64rock wrote:The beta version of this extension: Hide Caption Titlebar Plus (Smart) 2.0.3b as been updated for FF4, which as many more addition features, like the option to have a tooltip of the original Menu bar menus appear when mouse over the FF4 Menu App button and having many FF4 Menu App button appearance options as well.

Can I create a bug to pester the developers to make this the default menu appearance in Fx 4? :)

There already ARE pestering bugs out on this. And despite certain people's efforts, pestering alone is not enough to get features landed.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

alex_mayorga wrote:Anyone more seasoned that can take a look at Yahoo! Toolbar Version 2.3.2.20101022053938, please? [-o<

Anything with a component is not going to work in FF4 until the component registration is changed. The changes are probably quite small, but not necessarily easy. If you're lucky, it might be a one-line change to use GetFactory instead of GetModule.
earlpiggot

Post by earlpiggot »

FireFTP has had a working Beta for over a month: ](*,)
https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=23006

Direct link:
http://www.nightlight.ws/fireftp.xpi
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Image Zoom 0.45a (an unofficial build) has been released and worked with trunk: http://konradb4.fm.interia.pl/imagezoom.html

It feels like it's a little sluggish at the moment. Also, given that I was taking a look at it. It's incredibly equipped to be restartless, though beyond my abilities. On the bad side, it's feeling a little sluggish :(
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Image Zoom 0.45a is not sluggish for me at all. the only time it gets to be a problem is on sites that have a LOT of images posted on one page. But even then, one image zooms in and out very quickly.
Forgot to add that I did have to do a restart. Probably because I removed the 4.5 version first. Don't really know why>
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
zegames

Post by zegames »

Someone here is able to make the xpcom changes to CookieSwap addon be compatible with Firefox 4+?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3255/

Thanks

-------------------

forgot my above request, the extension MultiFox http://br.mozdev.org/multifox/ is the best solution for multiple login to same website. I'm very very happy with it.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Since the bug is marked invalid, for a do your self fix read Bug Comment 3 or download from here: Stylish extension 1.0.11 Bug 611307 Fix Mod
CGA1

Post by CGA1 »

Anyone who knows if there's way to get Yet Another Smooth Scrolling to work?
avada

Post by avada »

CGA1 wrote:Anyone who knows if there's way to get Yet Another Smooth Scrolling to work?

There isn't. Because it works.