Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ShareBird

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Post by ShareBird »

Just to clarify: I'm referring to the workbench setup at that link...
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

Any fix for Firebug? That's really the only one I can't live without.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

mattcoz wrote:Any fix for Firebug? That's really the only one I can't live without.

You have checked with the Firebug folks, haven't you?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

mattcoz wrote:Any fix for Firebug? That's really the only one I can't live without.

Wait, Firebug broke?
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

I used the AOM to check for updates about 10 minutes ago and it found one for Noscript. I updated it and when Minefield restarted the extension was gone. When I went to install it again, I did not get the usual install popup.
Myabe this happened because I was using a Dev version of Noscript..?
trolly

Post by trolly »

Don't think so. The new addon manager behaves a bit erratic for me too.
For me removing the folder in extensions solves it.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Rigido

Post by Rigido »

Hi,
The developer of IHG is using that code to get the extension install folder in order that he can add a "cache" subfolder.
I read the "proxy file" article in the Developer Center, but I didn't understand how I (or Matt) could use that...and if it is applicable.
I give up, don't want to bother you and I don't know what was on Matt's mind (I would use the TEMP folder using the ID as "unique" subfolder).

Thank you all.
Ciao,
Rigido.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Rigido wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to fix the "Components.classes['@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1'] is undefined" with ImagehostGrabber plugin that stopped working with the new Plugin Manager.
The code that the developer used is

Code: Select all

cacheFile = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).getInstallLocation(id).getItemLocation(id);

Where can I find how to do the same thing with the new plugin manager?

Thanks.

The Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"] shows up four times in file_services.js (the first and fourth are the same.) I replaced them like this:

Code: Select all

replace:
   cacheFile = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).getInstallLocation(id).getItemLocation(id);
   cacheFile.append("cache");
with:
   var directoryService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIProperties);
   var profileFolder = directoryService.get("ProfD", Components.interfaces.nsIFile);
   profileFolder.append("extensions");
   profileFolder.append(id);
   profileFolder.append("cache");
   var cacheFile = profileFolder;

replace:
   forumStyleFile = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).getInstallLocation(id).getItemLocation(id);
   forumStyleFile.append("forum_styles.xml");
   this.forumStyleFile = forumStyleFile;
with:
   var directoryService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIProperties);
   var profileFolder = directoryService.get("ProfD", Components.interfaces.nsIFile);
   profileFolder.append("forum_styles.xml");
   this.forumStyleFile = profileFolder;

replace:
      hostFile = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).getInstallLocation(id).getItemLocation(id);
      hostFile.append("hostf.xml");
with:
      profileFolder.append("hostf.xml");
      hostFile = profileFolder;

replace:
   cacheFile.append("cache");
with:
   profileFolder.append("cache");
   var cacheFile = profileFolder;
it seems to be working for me now. No guarantees. There may be a better way. I've only tried it once and it worked.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Is there a fix for Video DownloadHelper?
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
Rigido

Post by Rigido »

Chris000001 wrote:...a lot of useful info...

Thank you Chris, I wrote Matt about your post. I hope he will do something, meanwhile I will modify the xpi and try it myself...

GRAZIE!
Ciao,
Rigido.
AteUte52

Post by AteUte52 »

sipowicz wrote:I used the AOM to check for updates about 10 minutes ago and it found one for Noscript. I updated it and when Minefield restarted the extension was gone. When I went to install it again, I did not get the usual install popup.
The same happened to me, looks like NoScript was uninstalled but not installed again.. And I have not been able to install it again..? With a new profile it installs so it is OK...

EDIT: Seems that I can't install any extension any more, with a new profile I can.. Interesting
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

AteUte52 wrote:
sipowicz wrote:I used the AOM to check for updates about 10 minutes ago and it found one for Noscript. I updated it and when Minefield restarted the extension was gone. When I went to install it again, I did not get the usual install popup.
The same happened to me, looks like NoScript was uninstalled but not installed again.. And I have not been able to install it again..? With a new profile it installs so it is OK...

EDIT: Seems that I can't install any extension any more, with a new profile I can.. Interesting

Do you, by any chance, have MR Tech Toolkit installed? I suspect it had so much interaction with the old AoM that is may cause problems with the new one. I actually uninstalled it before I even migrated my profile to the build when the new AoM UI landed. Whether or not it is why I have not seen the issues you and others are seeing, I don't know. It just seems logical to minimize or eliminate the number of installed add-ons that may interact with the AoM. :-k
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

I stopped using Mr Tech when the new AOM came out. I can't wait for it to be updated.
trolly

Post by trolly »

As said before this happened to me too. Clearing the extension specific subfolders in the profile resolved it.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

trolly wrote:As said before this happened to me too. Clearing the extension specific subfolders in the profile resolved it.

I did that, too. Just forgot until you mentioned it, again. :wink:
Ray