Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jmontana

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Post by jmontana »

Anyone know how to get Delicious Bookmarks working again? It seems to partially work. The UI elements are there, but the bookmarks and tags are missing.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3615/
KaaMoS

Post by KaaMoS »

Hi to all!

Does anyone know how to fix problems with Image Toolbar addon?
https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefox/addon/243/

Image Toolbar adds floating buttons over images in order to get easy access to download them with just one click.
It works like Internet Explorer image button, but it also adds some other buttons:

· Save
· Copy
· Print
· Image Info
· Download Folder

These buttons could be shown small or big, with or without labels, you can make some buttons to be shown or not, also size limits for images to show buttons while hovering and renaming and download folder can be set up.
The problems I've found since 3.7 project started (for about alpha 2) despite of maxversion changed to match and addon seems to be working are:

· Despite of toolbar button customization, all buttons are shown, using small version with labels.
· Download button doesn't work at all (which is the most important button/feature of the whole addon).

I know that Cusser (author/website) doesn't support addons for alpha/beta Firefox versions, but perhaps someone found a way to solve those problems I've shown.
Thanks!
Last edited by KaaMoS on June 20th, 2010, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=[ VERONIKA ZEMANOVÁ LOVER ]=-
mkaply

Post by mkaply »

Rigido wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to fix the "Components.classes['@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1'] is undefined" with ImagehostGrabber plugin that stopped working with the new Plugin Manager.
The code that the developer used is

Code: Select all

cacheFile = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).getInstallLocation(id).getItemLocation(id);

Where can I find how to do the same thing with the new plugin manager?

Thanks.

Replacing this with using the profile directory should NOT be used as a permanent measure!

You won't find add-ons that are using the developer redirect method or that aren't installed in the profile directory.

I'm working on another solution.
dbcooper.dk

Post by dbcooper.dk »

Anyone had problems with memory leaks or browser slow downs with the downthemall-nightly-trunk builds?
_Dexter_

Easy DragToGo - Looking for a fix.

Post by _Dexter_ »

My undying gratitude to whomever can get Easy DragToGo working on 3.7a6pre.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6639/

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/20100620 Minefield/3.7a6pre Firefox/3.6.4 - Build ID: 20100620014454
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Ehh, I "fixed" Greasemonkey with the tip from first post. All of my usersripts are gone, and i cant install any...
Eagle3386
Location: » Earth » Europe » Germany » Saxony » Ore Mountains

Post by Eagle3386 »

Hey guys,

is there anybody who can fix XMarks?
So far, I (probably) found the right paragraph, but I can't fix the code myself.. :(

Snippet of extensions\foxmarks@kei.com\modules\settings.jsm:

Code: Select all

// Return the version string associated with the currently installed version
var ExtensionManagerLiteral = function(value) {
    var rdfs = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/rdf/rdf-service;1"].
        getService(Components.interfaces.nsIRDFService);
    var ds = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].
        getService(Components.interfaces.nsIExtensionManager).datasource;
    var s = rdfs.GetResource("urn:mozilla:item:foxmarks@kei.com");
    var p = rdfs.GetResource("http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#" + value);
    var t = ds.GetTarget(s, p, true);
    if (t instanceof Components.interfaces.nsIRDFLiteral)
        return t.Value;
    else
        return "unknown";
};

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Jedi Master Yoda: “Do... or do not. There is no try.”
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

I posted this in another thread, I installed stylish 1.0.10 with the new AOM using the checkCompatibility pref, but I couldn't find the UI accessible from the new AOM. Turns out it was an option the Customization Toolbar Layout Panel that I could drag to a toolbar, now it works.

Edit: I guess Stylish also registers its UI as a Sidebar, and puts itself in the status bar.
Last edited by cuz84d on June 28th, 2010, 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Video DownloadHelper is the 2nd most popular extension. Is there any way to make it work with minefield?
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
floydstyle

Post by floydstyle »

Did anyone been able to fix 1Password? The button is there but the menu doesn't drop
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

ajnauron wrote:Video DownloadHelper is the 2nd most popular extension. Is there any way to make it work with minefield?

I haven't tried it in a while, but did you try to disable OOPP for flash? It seemed to help Real Player Record Download Extension.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

cuz84d wrote:
ajnauron wrote:Video DownloadHelper is the 2nd most popular extension. Is there any way to make it work with minefield?

I haven't tried it in a while, but did you try to disable OOPP for flash? It seemed to help Real Player Record Download Extension.

This doesn't work :(
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

ajnauron wrote:
cuz84d wrote:

This doesn't work :(

Did you get it installed so you can see preferences option in the AOM and it installed into the Menu bar Tools, I got that much up and running.. though haven't tried it on a website.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Yeah it will show the prefs in AOM and it will show up in the navbar, but it will not work.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

ajnauron wrote:Yeah it will show the prefs in AOM and it will show up in the navbar, but it will not work.

It looks like the default services aren't there for Youtube at least, I bet its more than some AOM incompatibility, it don't work with the latest trunk.