avada

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager land

Post by avada »

WonderCsabo wrote:Not for me...

What doesn't work?
RoboTrigger

Post by RoboTrigger »

Is there a known fix for Read It Later? I'm running Fx 4.0b7 on Windows 7, and trying to use the supposedly Firefox 4 compatible RIL 2.0.7b3.

It installs with no problems, seems to accept my login, and then gets stuck on the "Syncing..." phase. I've tried a clean profile, same problem. Is there a way to get this working?
Cheekeh Munkeh

Post by Cheekeh Munkeh »

CGA1 wrote:Anyone who knows if there's way to get Yet Another Smooth Scrolling to work?

The scrolling part functions, very well in fact, but the control panel is broken.

Using a newer build with an older profile with existing settings should just work.

Starting anew with a fresh profile requires disabling the extensions check, and then manipulating the settings in the about:config window.

With HW acceleration enabled the control panel is a mishmash of artifacts. Roughly aiming for and clicking the options button atop the panel will refresh and draw it correctly, and allow one to change settings. But the problem with more recent builds is that the panel won't close properly, so the settings won't take effect.

So, one has to get into the config window and manually change the strings. Not all of the values correspond one-to-one with those displayed in the control panel, so it takes a little experimentation to get the desired results by going back into the panel and looking at the results of the manual editing.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

But the problem with more recent builds is that the panel won't close properly, so the settings won't take effect.

You could try instantApply.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

avada wrote:
WonderCsabo wrote:Not for me...

What doesn't work?

The scrolling is the same as without the extension, the control panel is totally broken.
Cheekeh Munkeh

Post by Cheekeh Munkeh »

lithopsian wrote:
But the problem with more recent builds is that the panel won't close properly, so the settings won't take effect.

You could try instantApply.

No biggie. I've become adept at manual editing, and these settings are only touched once upon initial setup. I can wait until the author provides an update.

Filtering by "yass" will display all the relevant config strings, and it's easy to figure out from there.
avada

Post by avada »

Cheekeh Munkeh wrote:The scrolling part functions, very well in fact, but the control panel is broken.

Using a newer build with an older profile with existing settings should just work.

Starting anew with a fresh profile requires disabling the extensions check, and then manipulating the settings in the about:config window.

With HW acceleration enabled the control panel is a mishmash of artifacts. Roughly aiming for and clicking the options button atop the panel will refresh and draw it correctly, and allow one to change settings. But the problem with more recent builds is that the panel won't close properly, so the settings won't take effect.

So, one has to get into the config window and manually change the strings. Not all of the values correspond one-to-one with those displayed in the control panel, so it takes a little experimentation to get the desired results by going back into the panel and looking at the results of the manual editing.

For me all of this works. The scrolling, the settings. Though I did start using ff4 with my existing profile. I tried it with a new one and it didn't work indeed. But there weren't any artifacts with hardware acceleration. You might have another problem too.
WonderCsabo wrote:The scrolling is the same as without the extension, the control panel is totally broken.

You could try installing it for that profile with 3.6, configure it then switch back to ff4.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Thanks, but i dont wanna use Fx3.6 with my profile - it would mess up the whole thing.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Def not a good idea to run 3.6 in the same profile with Minefield. There are some changes in the profile for 4.0 that make them not really back and forth compatible.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

WonderCsabo wrote:Can somebody confirm this? https://github.com/greasemonkey/greasem ... issue/1228

Comment from the author:

Known/expected. Babelzilla is down for maintenance, but this will be addressed before release.
Last edited by WonderCsabo on November 17th, 2010, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CGA1

Post by CGA1 »

Thanks for the tips all who replied. :)
AmandaK

Post by AmandaK »

Does anybody know where I can get a working version of Stylish for 4.0b7? I really need this extension.
Thanks,
AmandaK
foxxyn8

Post by foxxyn8 »

AmandaK wrote:Does anybody know where I can get a working version of Stylish for 4.0b7? I really need this extension.
Thanks,
AmandaK

rob64rock wrote: Since the bug is marked invalid, for a do your self fix read Bug Comment 3 or download from here: Stylish extension 1.0.11 Bug 611307 Fix Mod
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

foxxyn8 wrote:
AmandaK wrote:Does anybody know where I can get a working version of Stylish for 4.0b7? I really need this extension.
Thanks,
AmandaK
rob64rock wrote: Since the bug is marked invalid, for a do your self fix read Bug Comment 3 or download from here: Stylish extension 1.0.11 Bug 611307 Fix Mod

Tesla74 wrote:I realize that this mod.. Stylish extension 1.0.11 Bug 611307 Fix Mod might have fixed this, but I keep getting the "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." message.

You can download the update here:
http://www.findbrowsers.com/downloads/s ... 1.0.11.xpi

Tesla74- Thanks for informing me about the megaupload download problem.