Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
wojtekmaj

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager land

Post by wojtekmaj »

Seriously, Gmail Notifier anyone? Will give my virginity for fixing that.

Seem to be a problem somewhere here:

Code: Select all

// startup
gm_notifier.prototype.onload = function() {
  // this is false if we are in ff's customize window
  if (document.getElementById("gm-notifier-statusbar")) {
    // add the listener on startup and init the xpcom class
    try {
      gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/GMailNotifier;1"]
                                                  .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIGMNotifierService);
      gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierProgressListener = new gGMailNotifier.NotifierProgressListener()
      gGMailNotifier.listenerID = gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierService.addListener(gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierProgressListener);
      gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierProgressListener.id = gGMailNotifier.listenerID;

document.getElementById("gm-notifier-statusbar").collapsed = !gGMailNotifier.wm_prefs.getBoolPref(gGMailNotifier.wm_prefs.PREF_STATUSBAR_ENABLED);

// init multi-mode setup
      gGMailNotifier.toggleMultiAccountMode();
    } catch (e) {
      alert(e);
    }

window.removeEventListener("load", gGMailNotifier.onload, false);
    gGMailNotifier.updateStatusBarPosition();
  }
}

probably here

Code: Select all

gGMailNotifier.nsIGMNotifierService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/GMailNotifier;1"]
                                                  .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIGMNotifierService);

because the only error message i get is with this line.
KaaMoS

Post by KaaMoS »

patrickjdempsey wrote:KaaMoS, this error is shown when XPCOM components fail to register properly:
http://www.iosart.com/firefox/xpcom/

There were changes in the way addons with XPCOM components are registered that landed in Firefox 4.0b2:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM/ ... _Gecko_2.0

None of the extensions you listed are listed as compatible with any of the beta releases of Firefox 4.0:

Fireshot 0.85: Firefox 2.0 - 3.7a6pre
LightShot 1.1.4: Firefox 2.0 - 3.7a5pre
Screen Capture Elite 10.0.0.12: Firefox 2.0 - 3.7a1pre

If Screen Capture Elite doesn't throw this error, then it doesn't use XPCOM components.

Thank you so much for the info. So I have to wait for new releases of these add-ons.
While that happens, I'll use Shooter 1.1.7 https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefox/addon/13485/

Desdspite of being compatible with Firefox 3.6 as maximum version, seems to be its bugs are weaker than those I found on the others, it hasn't problems with Session Manager or XPCOM, but it takes full page images only.
I think I can live with that for now (I haven't find any add-on like those working well on Firefox 4.0b7pre yet).

Thanks again for your help!

PD: I already sent a little report to LightShot staff.
-=[ VERONIKA ZEMANOVÁ LOVER ]=-
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

I'm using the latest build of the Win64 Minefield and have not been able to get the English Australian dictionary to work. Can anyone offer a solution ?

Post by WonderCsabo »

Mr.Henky wrote:IETab Plus is broken. The moment I switch rendering cores, I get "Plugin is missing" message. Can someone confirm it?

The dev is working on it, please stay tuned.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

WonderCsabo wrote:
Mr.Henky wrote:IETab Plus is broken. The moment I switch rendering cores, I get "Plugin is missing" message. Can someone confirm it?

The dev is working on it, please stay tuned.

in install.rdf add:
<em:unpack>true</em:unpack>
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Thanks! It's working.

Just i had to reinstall the addon from file.
Hanki

Post by Hanki »

Webmail Notifier 2.5.9 is Broken in this build
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

FireGestures 1.6b11 is slightly broken. The Advanced features no longer work. The right context menu appears with some mouse gestures (I use the right mouse button as my trigger). Once this happens most gestures then produce the context menu. The Add-on Bar is to blame.

Switching the trigger to the middle mouse button stops the context menu from popping up.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b7pre) Gecko/20100922 Firefox/4.0b7pre - Build ID: 20100923023111
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

FireGestures 1.6b12 has been updated to work after the Add-on Bar hit the nightlies.

FireGestures :: Develop
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
Grue

Post by Grue »

Has anyone got FoxyProxy working on the recent nightlies? When I enable it, it breaks awesome bar completion and panorama. I reinstalled it and now awesome bar works, but panorama still doesn't. And most interestingly, when I install it on a fresh profile, both awesomebar and panorama work, but I can't add any proxies! I can't live without this addon unfortunately, so this makes testing nightlies hard for me.
kagutsuchi713

Post by kagutsuchi713 »

In case anyone wants a working version of Locationbar2, I've fixed up the plugin a bit. I'm sure someone else could probably do better, but here it is.

Locationbar²

Post by 093236 »

kagutsuchi713 wrote:In case anyone wants a working version of Locationbar2, I've fixed up the plugin a bit. I'm sure someone else could probably do better, but here it is.

Locationbar²

Great! I missed it so much! Thank you! :D
michal017

Post by michal017 »

what about brief ?
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

Working Download Statusbar for the new Add-on bar.

http://downloads.mozdev.org/downloadsta ... _9_7_2.xpi

Notes from Developer:

The full mode download statusbar is now separated from the add-ons bar and the
mini mode is put in the add-ons bar

In the future I'll make an option for putting the full mode in the add-ons bar
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

Hubird wrote:I'm using the latest build of the Win64 Minefield and have not been able to get the English Australian dictionary to work. Can anyone offer a solution ?

i had the same problem with the en-gb dictionaries in 4.0b7pre x64. found the en-gb.aff and en-gb.dic files in the profile folders & copied them to the firefox 'dictionaries' folder c:\program files\firefox\dictionaries, it seems to work. appears in language list now & i can select it. spots the difference between color and colour now :wink: should work with en-au too. (i think the en-gb files may have come from my 3.6 x86 firefox, which i also have installed)
CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Retired: Everyday I make a list of those things
That I am not going to do today, Then I don't do them.