Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
GTK66

Re: Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Post by GTK66 »

WildcatRay wrote:
sipowicz wrote:I just checked for updates and TMP updated so at least it is functioning.

FYI to TMP users: The latest release causes the new Add-on Mgr to open in the current tab and not a new one. Onemen is aware of this and will fix it.

Geez, I did not even notice that. It does not bother me though. :D
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

sipowicz wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
sipowicz wrote:I just checked for updates and TMP updated so at least it is functioning.

FYI to TMP users: The latest release causes the new Add-on Mgr to open in the current tab and not a new one. Onemen is aware of this and will fix it.

Geez, I did not even notice that. It does not bother me though. :D

It does me if it opens over a page I want to keep open otherwise like my Gmail. :furious:
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Littlemutt wrote:
IceDogg wrote:After removing Toolkit is there something needed to be done to undo what it may have busted? Like I have several other extensions (add-ons) that still don't work even after removing toolkit. Here is my list: Add Bookmark here 2, QuickJava, Permit Cookies (hard one to live without), ExExceptions. I have 3 others that do work. ABP (which is the latest Dev build not release build), DOM Inspector, Download TimeStamp. Thanks

You could try renaming or deleting extensions.sqlite from your profile. Close Minefield 1st.

Thanks, but that made 2 of the 3 that were working stop, so I put the old one back. ABP is the one that continued to work.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Frank Lion wrote:
CatThief wrote: I also have a local theme install script that I used in the past until current Moz apps would no longer respond to it. This sure is a lot of trouble for such a fundamental process.

Nope, that's OK, it only took me 5 minutes to make. Hope you, er, find it useful. ;)

Oh no, Frank, that's not what I meant. I'm grateful to you for taking the time. What I meant was how the restructuring of the AOM is causing you, us all, to go through this sort of trouble just so our add-ons will install. It shouldn't be necessary. This thing landed way too soon.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/TK-1913/aom.png
Edit by mod.
Please click on link to view image. Image was breaking forum format for some folks. --LN

The new AOM--Seems to be a tad broken. It is not finished yet. :mrgreen:

To get at the addons you need to click on the one green Icon on the right and then navigate through it.
Last edited by LoudNoise on May 18th, 2010, 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Broke image link
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Strata40+Stratabuddy 0.6.1 causes the new AOM to space out the addons a lot more:

Last edited by ajnauron on May 15th, 2010, 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

@ajnauron

maybe theme issue.
what theme do you use ?

with default theme,
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

@pal-moz yeah probably a theme issue. I use and will continue to use Strata40+Stratabuddy 0.6.1 until we get the new theme with glass.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Hey guys,

Could you do us all a favor and upload your pictures to a place like imageshack and then replace them here with thumbnails, please? It will mean much easier viewing for all of us. Thanks.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

So with the old AOM you would be presented with a restart button in the install addons box after the addon had been installed, but now after you press install, the box just disappears and you have to manually go into the AOM, scroll down the list to the addon, and click the restart button. Is this a bug or is it intended to be this way? Is there a way to put the restart button back on the install addons box? IMO it's annoying to have to manually go to the AOM to restart.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

ajnauron wrote:@pal-moz yeah probably a theme issue. I use and will continue to use Strata40+Stratabuddy 0.6.1 until we get the new theme with glass.

I guess you could call it a "theme issue" as the new AOM uses totally custom instructions that require theme support... in other words, EVERY theme that wants to support 3.7 will have to muddle through this thing. As for me, I call it a design faux pas. It's the kind of design breakage that if an extension did it, it would be considered unacceptable.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Filed Bug 566373 - XPI's and JAR's inside the profiles extension folder aren't getting installed anymore
Ray

Drug0y

Post by Drug0y »

Bug:
1. Open AOM
2. Hit CTRL+F to open findbar
What we see: findbar stays above (as a layer) AOM, so bottom line (at the height of findbar's height) in AOM is covered by findbar.
What was expected: findbar opens, and AOM gets resized like all the tabs do when you press CTRL+F on any web site.
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

Drug0y wrote:Bug:
1. Open AOM
What we see: findbar stays above (as a layer) AOM, so bottom line (at the height of findbar's height) in AOM is covered by findbar.
What was expected: findbar opens, and AOM gets resized like all the tabs do when you press CTRL+F on any web site.

same behavior both on AOM and web page. not resized.

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

pal-moz wrote:
Drug0y wrote:Bug:
1. Open AOM

same behavior both on AOM and web page. not resized.

I was thinking the same thing. What would change is if opening the find bar meant the page content only then exceeded the viewable area and thus the vertical scroll bar would appear. This action would create the impression of the page resizing.
Ray