Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jimhsu77479

Re: Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Post by jimhsu77479 »

Some artifacting with the "disabled" text:

D2D is off.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

sabret00the wrote:I had an Extension that forced it to open in a tab, but it started Bjorking with the new AOM so I uninstalled. It was called Download Manager Tweaks

I LOVED that extension back in the days of 2.0 and earlier. I used it in the sidebar.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

jimhsu77479 wrote:Some artifacting with the "disabled" text

Most likely the cause is the red text combined with the opacity rules. Try adding this to userContent.css until the issue is fixed:

Code: Select all

.addon .warning {
  color: #000000 !important;
}
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Has anyone else successfully updated an installed extension?

FlashGot just release an update. I right-clicked on it to have the AoMgr look for the update, but after restarting, FlashGot was uninstalled! I manually downloaded it and D&Ded it to install the update.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: Anyone using the Session Mgr. extension on current Minefield/Trunk nightlies with the new AoMUI, you probably want to disable it. See here for details.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

CatThief wrote:
sabret00the wrote:I had an Extension that forced it to open in a tab, but it started Bjorking with the new AOM so I uninstalled. It was called Download Manager Tweaks

I LOVED that extension back in the days of 2.0 and earlier. I used it in the sidebar.

It is still there and compatible.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/256
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

WildcatRay wrote:Has anyone else successfully updated an installed extension?

FlashGot just release an update. I right-clicked on it to have the AoMgr look for the update, but after restarting, FlashGot was uninstalled! I manually downloaded it and D&Ded it to install the update.

similar one ?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565040
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

DeathWolf wrote:
Omega X wrote:You know as well as I, that it doesn't happen often in threads like this. Especially with a lot that don't care and just like to read the nonsense that they spew...

You sir are a good troll.

He, sir, is a very experienced Firefox betatester who has seen this sort of stuff many times before.

Be advised, do not go throwing the word 'troll' around here.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

WildcatRay wrote:FYI: Anyone using the Session Mgr. extension on current Minefield/Trunk nightlies with the new AoMUI, you probably want to disable it. See here for details.

Thanks, I just enabled the one in TMP. :)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

pal-moz wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Has anyone else successfully updated an installed extension?

similar one ?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565040

Thanks. That looks like what I am seeing.

My work-around has been to uninstall the old extension and then install the updated one I downloaded from AMO.
Ray

Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

I haven't read all the threads here...is installing locally saved .xpis and .jars still a problem in 3.7a5?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Frank Lion wrote:I haven't read all the threads here...is installing locally saved .xpis and .jars still a problem in 3.7a5?

I've only tried .jar files once using yesterday's nightly and a migrated profile and it did not work via D&D. Let us know if it works on today's please.

D&D seems to work for me IF it is fresh install. Trying to update an already installed extension does not work for me. See Bug 565040 (link above).
Ray

CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Frank Lion wrote:I haven't read all the threads here...is installing locally saved .xpis and .jars still a problem in 3.7a5?

Neither extensions nor themes will install for me, Frank. I tried the "File > Open File..." method as well as "drag-n-drop". A few times I got some "staged" clutter inside the extensions directory, but nothing happened after a restart -- it just sat there and nothing got installed.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

CatThief wrote:

Neither extensions nor themes will install for me, Frank. I tried the "File > Open File..." method as well as "drag-n-drop". A few times I got some "staged" clutter inside the extensions directory, but nothing happened after a restart -- it just sat there and nothing got installed.

Well, in that case, mark this as fixed, workaround-wise. I imagine that proper D&D will return some time.

But until it does, I've got a 100% working solution for existing installs and installing locally saved themes and .xpis. Bit pushed for time right now, so will do the writeup tomorrow. The 'fix' takes 5 minutes to do.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

sabret00the wrote:
sipowicz wrote:
sabretoothe wrote:I've unticked all automatic updates and know how to update automatically. I am however wanting a third option that is somewhere in the middle of automatic and manual. much like with windows updates. I'll often download updates and dismiss the ones I don't want.

Yes but won't you have to do this with each new build?

I'm waiting to see. I'm hoping it's a preference stored in the about:config that won't be overwritten.

It is, my extensions are still not ticked for auto update :D