Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
patrickjdempsey

Re: Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Post by patrickjdempsey »

sipowicz wrote:We all thought that we were testing what would be Fx 4.0.

The current Trunk was going to be 3.7 but they decided to make it 4.0 instead, so it still is.

sipowicz wrote: There already is a 3.6.4 Trunk build that was out , it is now in Beta.

That's the branch. 3.6.4 already has 4 candidate builds out and a fifth is on the way.

I think what malliz is saying is the same thing I said... if you go back to 3.7a4 stable build you won't have to deal with the headaches of nightly builds breaking things. When a stable version of 3.7a5 comes out, you will be automatically updated so you will only have to deal with this stuff on a monthly (or so) basis instead of a daily basis.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

sipowicz wrote:
malliz wrote:For pity sake use the release builds and leave us in relative peace.

If you are talking to me you can piss off! We all thought that we were testing what would be Fx 4.0. There already is a 3.6.4 Trunk build that was out , it is now in Beta. Either someone got misinformed or Firefox is in real trouble.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1840495

Why is it when you suggest something to a Troll they always react in the same way :-k
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

malliz wrote:
sipowicz wrote:
malliz wrote:For pity sake use the release builds and leave us in relative peace.

If you are talking to me you can piss off! We all thought that we were testing what would be Fx 4.0. There already is a 3.6.4 Trunk build that was out , it is now in Beta. Either someone got misinformed or Firefox is in real trouble.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1840495

Why is it when you suggest something to a Troll they always react in the same way :-k

Buzz off
Last edited by GTK66 on May 19th, 2010, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

patrickjdempsey wrote:
sipowicz wrote:We all thought that we were testing what would be Fx 4.0.

The current Trunk was going to be 3.7 but they decided to make it 4.0 instead, so it still is.

sipowicz wrote: There already is a 3.6.4 Trunk build that was out , it is now in Beta.

That's the branch. 3.6.4 already has 4 candidate builds out and a fifth is on the way.

I think what malliz is saying is the same thing I said... if you go back to 3.7a4 stable build you won't have to deal with the headaches of nightly builds breaking things. When a stable version of 3.7a5 comes out, you will be automatically updated so you will only have to deal with this stuff on a monthly (or so) basis instead of a daily basis.

I don't mind dealing with it on a daily basis. I think that I just misinterpreted some stuff.
trolly

Post by trolly »

malliz, sipowicz: If you want to call names then do it in private, not in the public. Understood?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FWIW-My experience has been that making a new profile in a version of Trunk just prior to the relanding of the new AoMUI and without MR Tech Toolkit and Stylish installed as well as some other add-ons I knew would not work and then migrated it to a build with the new AoMUI. So far I have had a fairly positive experience. Also, I do not use ABP or NoScript with Trunk, so I cannot say that those who do use those will not have any trouble with this process.

IIRC, I believe that I deleted all the extensions.* files from my profile prior to start the browser to apply the update. (Yes, I closed the browser rather than restarting to apply the update.) It may be possible that there are issues with migrating from the old files to the new one(s) for use with the new AoMUI.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Terepin

Post by Terepin »

So, how is NTT working in new AMO? I can't find option to force working incompatible add-ons.
Hope dies penultimate. What remains till the end is sarcasm. And I have plenty of it.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Mr.Henky wrote:So, how is NTT working in new AMO? I can't find option to force working incompatible add-ons.

About the only thing I am using it for is to customize the browser title--I like to see what browser and profile I am running.

For "forcing" compatibility, I add the boolean pref extensions.checkCompatibility.3.7a to about:config, setting it to false, of course.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

WildcatRay wrote:
Mr.Henky wrote:So, how is NTT working in new AMO? I can't find option to force working incompatible add-ons.

About the only thing I am using it for is to customize the browser title--I like to see what browser and profile I am running.

For "forcing" compatibility, I add the boolean pref extensions.checkCompatibility.3.7a to about:config, setting it to false, of course.

Details here: http://www.oxymoronical.com/blog/2010/0 ... ster-Tools

In other words.. it needs a new owner.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

I use:

Add-on Compatibility Reporter

It does allow adding any extension, but is somewhat limited.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

sipowicz wrote:I use:

Add-on Compatibility Reporter

It does allow adding any extension, but is somewhat limited.

That's why I did not mention it, choosing instead to mention adding the pref.
Ray

ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

You can also download the addon, change the maxversion with notepad, and drag it into the AOM to install it. Instructions here.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

They must be working on the Addon site, I can't even get to it. It times out.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

sipowicz wrote:They must be working on the Addon site, I can't even get to it. It times out.

The network issue Littlemutt mentioned earlier today may not yet be resolved.
Ray

GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

WildcatRay wrote:
sipowicz wrote:They must be working on the Addon site, I can't even get to it. It times out.

The network issue Littlemutt mentioned earlier today may not yet be resolved.

Possible, I just got in and it is different.. Well it was but now it is back the way it was. :shock: