MacOSX unofficial nightly builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jimstrickland

Something funny about my build

Post by jimstrickland »

My build of Firebird works great so far...with one exception. When I control=click a download link and choose "save to disk" nothing happens. If I just click on the link everything works properly. Is something amiss or is this a recent bug that has developed?
jtalkington

Re: Something funny about my build

Post by jtalkington »

jimstrickland wrote:My build of Firebird works great so far...with one exception. When I control=click a download link and choose "save to disk" nothing happens. If I just click on the link everything works properly. Is something amiss or is this a recent bug that has developed?

It's a recent bug. You can't save anything, even via the menu. I'm trying to find a bug filed against it, but no luck so far. If I find one, or end up filing one, I'll post it.
jtalkington

Re: Something funny about my build

Post by jtalkington »

jimstrickland wrote:My build of Firebird works great so far...with one exception. When I control=click a download link and choose "save to disk" nothing happens. If I just click on the link everything works properly. Is something amiss or is this a recent bug that has developed?

I filed <a href="http://mecha.mozilla.org/webtools/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=217121">bug 217121</a> on it.
GCG

Re: Unoffical OSX Nightly Builds

Post by GCG »

jtalkington wrote:
GCG wrote:Hi-
The sticky link for the Fri 22nd Aug 2003 OSX build of FB appears to be corrupted.

Sigh. I'm still working on getting the automatic scripts to work, so bear with me ;) I'm rolling a new one now, so it should be up within the hour.

THANK YOU! Your 8/23( and now 8/24) release(s) works well. I really appreciate your efforts to provide the rest of us with a viable Mac release of FB! :mrgreen:
oracle_ab

Post by oracle_ab »

GCG wrote:
jtalkington wrote:
GCG wrote:Hi-
The sticky link for the Fri 22nd Aug 2003 OSX build of FB appears to be corrupted.

Sigh. I'm still working on getting the automatic scripts to work, so bear with me ;) I'm rolling a new one now, so it should be up within the hour.

THANK YOU! Your 8/23( and now 8/24) release(s) works well. I really appreciate your efforts to provide the rest of us with a viable Mac release of FB! :mrgreen:

Wow, my build (20030824) crashes on any attempt to download; OS X 10.1.5.
__
Aaron
jtalkington

Post by jtalkington »

abme75 wrote:Wow, my build (20030824) crashes on any attempt to download; OS X 10.1.5.

I don't know if there is a dependency on 10.2 or not... It's been working fine for me on 2 computers. There is a new one today...
Jerry Talkington
jcraig

Post by jcraig »

This could possibly be bug 213639 making an appearance.
oracle_ab

Post by oracle_ab »

jcraig wrote:This could possibly be bug 213639 making an appearance.

I was looking at the bug report and I must say that I've not tried any of the post-1.4 builds of Mozilla (suite) in downloading. I've so far just had this issue with Firebird. I saw that one person was having the issues with 10.1.5, just as I have 10.1.5 -- although it was for Moz versus Firebird. Does anyone know if I can force the download to open in the sidebar panel through the about:config method? I'll do some searching around. I'm wondering if trying to have the downloads go through a progress bar may be crashing Firebird. Besides the download, some Java (or JavaScript) and mailto issues, I haven't moved to using FB as my default browser.

EDIT: No such luck on forcing FB to use the sidebar. Got another crash. :(
Last edited by oracle_ab on August 26th, 2003, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__
Aaron
jtalkington

Post by jtalkington »

abme75 wrote:I was looking at the bug report and I must say that I've not tried any of the post-1.4 builds of Mozilla (suite) in downloading. I've so far just had this issue with Firebird. I saw that one person was having the issues with 10.1.5, just as I have 10.1.5 -- although it was for Moz versus Firebird. Does anyone know if I can force the download to open in the sidebar panel through the about:config method? I'll do some searching around. I'm wondering if trying to have the downloads go through a progress bar may be crashing Firebird. Besides the download, some Java (or JavaScript) and mailto issues, I haven't moved to using FB as my default browser.

In the bug report, using a progress dialog cleared up his problem (as well as ctrl+click and choosing Save Link As...). You can turn on the progress dialog by putting changing the about:config browser.download.useProgressDialogs to true.
Jerry Talkington
oracle_ab

Post by oracle_ab »

jtalkington wrote:
In the bug report, using a progress dialog cleared up his problem (as well as ctrl+click and choosing Save Link As...). You can turn on the progress dialog by putting changing the about:config browser.download.useProgressDialogs to true.

When I did some checking, FB has that value, true for ...useProgress..., setup as default. I was getting crashes. I tried switching it and turning on the setting for the sidebar to true and I still got crashes.
__
Aaron
APGiuliano

Wonderful!

Post by APGiuliano »

Works wonderfully on my iMac G3 with 10.2.6 No crashes, no bugs, no muss, no fuss. It is soooo nice to see SOMEONE keep up with the nightly builds as the latest-trunk folder on Mozilla.org shows 7-15-03 as the latest while Windows and Linux stay up to date! Now if only the program would play the shockwave applets, ie candystand.com It's the kid in me...
cliffzilla

Post by cliffzilla »

Will the master password feature be added to the nightly at some point?
GCG

Post by GCG »

cliffzilla wrote:Will the master password feature be added to the nightly at some point?

The current trunk releases of FB, as provided by jtalkington for the Mac, are WYSISWYG! He is doing Mac users a BIG favor! The master password function was turned on in an earlier nightly release of Mac FB; it included a password strength gauge that attempted to show the level of security represented by the password entry. In that incarnation it was rather awkward to use. I am glad it's turned off for now, until it gets cleaned up. I'd also like to see better handling of forms autofill in a future nightly build, including: user-review and modificattion of stored forms data. :x-mas:
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Great effort... Now if Flash could work better... :)
jimstrickland

Post by jimstrickland »

Christopher wrote:Great effort... Now if Flash could work better... :)

What problems are you having with Flash? I am using the Sep. 3 build of Firebird provided by Jeff Talkington and am having absolutely no problems with Flash. I go to the site listed below to check out Flash performance because this site is extremely Flash intensive and has links to many other Flash intensive sites. Currently this site works without a hitch on Firebird.

http://www.eye4u.com