Working add-ons after XPCOM landing

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
trieste

Re: Working add-ons after XPCOM landing

Post by trieste »

Hmm yeah that's what I did while stuck with ACR 0.4. 4.0b ought to be the correct one, as everything detected to be incompatible before the update worked fine after adding that boolean setting and restarting.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

WildcatRay wrote:
quirK wrote:Secure Login 0.9.3 works fine, I've logged into several websites several times today using it. We're reporting the new XPCOM issues, so override the maxversion by installing Addon Compatibility Reporter 0.5.

For those using RefControl 0.8.13, the Options appear to work, but this test page indicates that it is truly non-functional.

I will have to check it, again, I guess. :-k

I stand corrected. Secure Login does indeed appear to be working. :banana:

I must have had one of those rare instances where it did not pick up the existence of logins for the page. #-o
Last edited by WildcatRay on July 3rd, 2010, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
wright76878

Post by wright76878 »

Nosquint, yarip, greasemonkey don't work. Miss nosquint and yarip the most.
Custom Buttons. Menu Editor, Sidebar Bookmark Selector, No Script, Tab Mix Plus, Ad Blocker work. (may have to add "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b" to about:config and set to false.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

WildcatRay wrote:Jim,

What do you have set under Options > Applications for irc and ircs? I noticed in mine it is set to "Always ask". Maybe you need to get them set to Chatzilla, if possible.

I cannot even get that far with the most current version of chatzilla I could find, I hit preferences and it opens a blank new window in Minefield that I cannot do much with.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

All-In-One Gestures 21.0 is not actually "fully" working (at least not for me). The extension itself works fine, but you cannot access the options from the new addon manager (it just opens a new empty window which can only be closed from the taskbar). Probably easy to fix, but I'm not sure how to do it. You can still get at the options if you have a *gesture* bound to open the AIO options.

Working:
Cookie Monster 1.02
Download Sort 2.5.8

Not working:
CookieSafe 3.05
Download Helper 4.7.3
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

cuz84d wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Jim,

What do you have set under Options > Applications for irc and ircs? I noticed in mine it is set to "Always ask". Maybe you need to get them set to Chatzilla, if possible.

I cannot even get that far with the most current version of chatzilla I could find, I hit preferences and it opens a blank new window in Minefield that I cannot do much with.

Are you saying you are having trouble opening Minefield's Tools > Options > Applications? :-k
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: Stylish users, don't forget you can use userChrome.css and userContent.css for your various styles until Stylish itself gets "fixed".
Ray

_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

WildcatRay wrote:FYI: Stylish users, don't forget you can use userChrome.css and userContent.css for your various styles until Stylish itself gets "fixed".

And if you want something similar to Stylish in the meantime try Generic chrome CSS loader 0.02 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/14698/

It works with the latest nightly.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The DOM Inspector isn't working as well.
DOM Inspector: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/6622
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

dickvl wrote:The DOM Inspector isn't working as well.
DOM Inspector: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/6622

Release note said,
if you want to use DOM Inspector on the alpha and soon beta builds, you'll need to edit the chrome.manifest and remove the flag (i.e. xpcnativewrappers=no)
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Alice0775,
Is there a way for folks that are not familar with coding enough like myself to get old and/or non-supported extensions to work?
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

WildcatRay wrote:FYI: Stylish users, don't forget you can use userChrome.css and userContent.css for your various styles until Stylish itself gets "fixed".

That is what I do, I don't use the extension.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

For those of you interested, it looks like there are updated versions of Session Mgr. (dev version) and FlashGot now available that should work properly with the landing of Bug 568691 Use manifests and data tables to register XPCOM components.
Ray

dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Thanks for that Alice0775.
I did notice that error in the Tools > Error Console about that flag in chrome.manifest, but wasn't sure if I could remove it safely.
Yes, removing that flag makes the DOM Inspector work again, so once again: thanks.
I had forgotten about that note on the add-ons page.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

A working copy of greasemonkey is available here
Ray