The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ShadowBottle

Re: The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is not yet out.

Post by ShadowBottle »

smsmith wrote:
ShadowBottle wrote:WTH? Whenever I click on an App Tab, I'm now immediately shuffled into my first tab group in Panorama (or whatever it's called now). Anyone else seeing this? It's like the app tab is associated with my first tab group no matter where I am.

I think the behavior is that it drops you into the group that the tab was made into an app tab in. So if you were in group 1, made a tab an app tab, go to group 2, click on the app tab, you are dumped back into 1. If you created it in 2, then clicked on it from 1, you get dumped back into 2. And that's not what I would expect it to do. I should stay in the group I am IN, not go to the group from which I made the app tab.

It was never like this before though. App tabs were universal on each tab group, which I personally think is the right way to go, but eh.
mat--

Post by mat-- »

HeartRipper wrote:
mat-- wrote:I'm getting a 100% reliable crash on shutdown, anyone else seeing this?

if you've layers accelerated on, this is the cause of the crash on shutdown

A fix for this was just pushed: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/8b5b6a9599e1
HeartRipper

Post by HeartRipper »

mat-- wrote:
HeartRipper wrote:
mat-- wrote:I'm getting a 100% reliable crash on shutdown, anyone else seeing this?

if you've layers accelerated on, this is the cause of the crash on shutdown

A fix for this was just pushed: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/8b5b6a9599e1

that's good, since accelerated layers give a huge boost to rendering and scrolling! let's hope they fix also the white rectangle covering caption buttons

edit https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=592870 it got review+
tompa

Post by tompa »

Any bug reported about the slow-down? For example this site (swedish news site) causes a massive slow down for me, especially when scrolling with the mouse scrollwheel: http://www.aftonbladet.se, other sites seems slower as well.
(D2D is enabled, but not accelerated layers, no add-ons, clean profile)
Last edited by tompa on September 3rd, 2010, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeartRipper

Post by HeartRipper »

tompa wrote:Any bug reported about the slow-down? For example this site (swedish news site) causes a massive slow down for me, especially when scrolling with the mouse scrollwheel: http://www.aftonbladet.se
(D2D is enabled, but not accelerated layers), other sites seems slower as well.

no slowdown for me, d2d on, accelerated layers off

edit: also with d2d off i get no slowdown
brassen

Post by brassen »

ShadowBottle wrote:
smsmith wrote:
ShadowBottle wrote:WTH? Whenever I click on an App Tab, I'm now immediately shuffled into my first tab group in Panorama (or whatever it's called now). Anyone else seeing this? It's like the app tab is associated with my first tab group no matter where I am.

I think the behavior is that it drops you into the group that the tab was made into an app tab in. So if you were in group 1, made a tab an app tab, go to group 2, click on the app tab, you are dumped back into 1. If you created it in 2, then clicked on it from 1, you get dumped back into 2. And that's not what I would expect it to do. I should stay in the group I am IN, not go to the group from which I made the app tab.

It was never like this before though. App tabs were universal on each tab group, which I personally think is the right way to go, but eh.

I hate Panorama, never used it. Yet sometimes when clicking on a different AppTab some regular tabs disappear, I think it's what you reported. It's a pain to get it back, usually I give up on Panorama and just start a new browser window...
I thought it was a bug but if this is by design it sucks... Wish there was a pref to completely disable Panorama, as I don't have that many tabs opened.
13" MacBook Pro (2017) 3.1 GHz i5, 16 GB RAM, Iris Plus 650, 500 GB SSD
macOS High Sierra 10.13 (w/ latest updates)
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Is it just me or is scrolling horrid?
mat--

Post by mat-- »

sabret00the wrote:Is it just me or is scrolling horrid?

D2D performance regressed in today's nightly, see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=593361
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

I filed:
#593447[Firefox:Tabbed Browser]-App tabs notify even if title is set but not changed [Win]
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
Elen

Post by Elen »

HeartRipper wrote:
tompa wrote:Any bug reported about the slow-down? For example this site (swedish news site) causes a massive slow down for me, especially when scrolling with the mouse scrollwheel: http://www.aftonbladet.se
(D2D is enabled, but not accelerated layers), other sites seems slower as well.

no slowdown for me, d2d on, accelerated layers off

edit: also with d2d off i get no slowdown

The slow down issues are due to the transparency of the Aero theme. If you are using a non-transparent theme like the basic, you won't see the issue.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

The latest Minefields are really slow in general for me. Scrolling, changing tabs, typing in this text box right now… it all feels like I'm using a 10-year-old computer (rather than my new laptop).
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Tom B. wrote:The latest Minefields are really slow in general for me. Scrolling, changing tabs, typing in this text box right now… it all feels like I'm using a 10-year-old computer (rather than my new laptop).

Elen is correct. If you switch to a basic non aero theme, it will be faster. This is not a solution however. Even with a basic theme it is still slower than yesterdays build.
jvbferrer

Post by jvbferrer »

I'm running latest Minefield build and it works perfect for me. No slowdowns nor other problems. But when I check for new updates, the pop-up window gives this error:

Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida
Número de línea 204, columna 28: hidden="true">&errorCertAttrNoUpdate.label;</label>
---------------------------^
Krustylicious

Post by Krustylicious »

Yep same for me, ever since the august 28 nightly its been bad . infact so bad i'm typing this on Op***.

Skynews.com is slow
Frontierville (fb game ) causes FF to exceed 50 to 60% cpu and cause slowness on scrolling and tab switching
other sites with flash video comes to a halt.

Seems that the recent builds are not loving flash video/flash.

I've tried turning off d2d, tried a new profile with no addons enabled, tried accelerate layers on and that causes frontierville to take 30s to 1 minute to load.

Sorry for being so negative and its on my first post.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Reaven wrote:I'm running latest Minefield build and it works perfect for me. No slowdowns nor other problems. But when I check for new updates, the pop-up window gives this error:

Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida
Número de línea 204, columna 28: hidden="true">&errorCertAttrNoUpdate.label;</label>
---------------------------^

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Perfo ... fault.html

Run this test at 250 fish and see is you get 60 FPS?