The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Nightwish

Re: The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is not yet out.

Post by Nightwish »

KWierso wrote:Latest hourly (maybe earlier ones as well, haven't tested those) has much improved D2D performance compared to the regression in the latest nightly. I'm getting ~30 fps on fishie with 20 fish (not great, but better than ~15).
D3D9 caption button fix is not yet in an hourly build. Should be in the next one, though.

It is in the last hourly. Buttons are no longer covered when layers.accelerate-all is enabled.

Interesting enough, l.a-all seems to boost performance without D2D more than with D2D enabled. Right now, smooth scrolling is smoother when D2D is disabled.

There is still a performance issue when l.a-all is disabled on pages that are using a static (non-scrolling) background images. Scrolling is painfully slow on such pages - with or without D2D doesn't matter.

Good thing is that the major issues seem to be solved...
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Elen wrote:Not really, pretty much all the critical issues were fixed tonight. And how do you think they find bugs in the first place?

Yeah right! That's why I'm getting all sorts of corruption and hw accel'-related shutdown-crashes.

As for bug filing, don't even go there 'cause I've filed a fair bit. I'll probably file another couple for the related hw accel' issue, but that'll probably be it. Badly need to rediscover the real world. ](*,)
Elen

Post by Elen »

C@rb0n wrote:
Elen wrote:Not really, pretty much all the critical issues were fixed tonight. And how do you think they find bugs in the first place?

Yeah right! That's why I'm getting all sorts of corruption and hw accel'-related shutdown-crashes.

As for bug filing, don't even go there 'cause I've filed a fair bit. I'll probably file another couple for the related hw accel' issue, but that'll probably be it. Badly need to rediscover the real world. ](*,)

Shutdown crash, scrolling corruption and window control white bar issues were all fixed before it was briefly flicked on by default. And about the bug finding comment, it was just to point out that to get something properly tested it has to be turned on by default.
Hanki

Post by Hanki »

just because a Bug says its been fixed, doesnt mean its actually fixed, Bug(s) can regress over an over if Devs just turn a Blind eye to it
ioiokzkz

Post by ioiokzkz »

Hey is there any hardware acceleration (most likely OpenGL?) on Mac yet?
Even the Minefield in my virtual machine Windows 7 got more fps running IE fish tank (with and without D2D.. o_O)
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

ioiokzkz wrote:Hey is there any hardware acceleration (most likely OpenGL?) on Mac yet?
Even the Minefield in my virtual machine Windows 7 got more fps running IE fish tank (with and without D2D.. o_O)

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2010-08-31#GFX
"there are some (huge) known issues on OS X, so we suggest you not turn it on for OS X quite yet. "
[Desktop] Windows 7 Professional (32bit/SP1) / Geforce GTX 660Ti 2GB (350.12) / 4GB RAM
Nightwish

Post by Nightwish »

Anyone else seeing black artifacts when scrolling the index page in google reader? (i.e. http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page).

This is with D2D on, layers.accelerate-all on. Latest hourly build which runs fairly well elsewhere.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Is there a bug for three finger swipe not working for navigating back and forward? Works fine in beta 4, but on this one it just jumps the scrolling, rather than navigating backwards? Using ELAN multitouch drivers
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
RcK17

Post by RcK17 »

wiiwaker

Post by wiiwaker »

Recall wrote:Is there a bug for three finger swipe not working for navigating back and forward? Works fine in beta 4, but on this one it just jumps the scrolling, rather than navigating backwards? Using ELAN multitouch drivers

WFM, using synaptics touchpad.
Recall

Post by Recall »

wiiwaker wrote:
Recall wrote:Is there a bug for three finger swipe not working for navigating back and forward? Works fine in beta 4, but on this one it just jumps the scrolling, rather than navigating backwards? Using ELAN multitouch drivers

WFM, using synaptics touchpad.

Mmm, anyone with Elan drivers want to comment?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
Morpog

Post by Morpog »

I already filed a bug about that issue.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=593372

Also using Elan Touchpad.
Please vote it.

Would be nice if someone could confirm it.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

Nightwish wrote:
KWierso wrote:Latest hourly (maybe earlier ones as well, haven't tested those) has much improved D2D performance compared to the regression in the latest nightly. I'm getting ~30 fps on fishie with 20 fish (not great, but better than ~15).
D3D9 caption button fix is not yet in an hourly build. Should be in the next one, though.

It is in the last hourly. Buttons are no longer covered when layers.accelerate-all is enabled.

Interesting enough, l.a-all seems to boost performance without D2D more than with D2D enabled. Right now, smooth scrolling is smoother when D2D is disabled.

There is still a performance issue when l.a-all is disabled on pages that are using a static (non-scrolling) background images. Scrolling is painfully slow on such pages - with or without D2D doesn't matter.

Good thing is that the major issues seem to be solved...

Layers all uses D3D, not D2D. you can tell using fraps, the frame counter is yellow (D3D) instead of blue (D2D)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Build is out
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Today's build is not that much better than yesterday's.