The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jvbferrer

Re: The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is not yet out.

Post by jvbferrer »

sipowicz wrote:
Reaven wrote:I'm running latest Minefield build and it works perfect for me. No slowdowns nor other problems. But when I check for new updates, the pop-up window gives this error:

Error de lectura XML: entidad no definida
Número de línea 204, columna 28: hidden="true">&errorCertAttrNoUpdate.label;</label>
---------------------------^

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Perfo ... fault.html

Run this test at 250 fish and see is you get 60 FPS?

Yes. 34 FPS with 500.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

sipowicz wrote:
Tom B. wrote:The latest Minefields are really slow in general for me. Scrolling, changing tabs, typing in this text box right now… it all feels like I'm using a 10-year-old computer (rather than my new laptop).

Elen is correct. If you switch to a basic non aero theme, it will be faster. This is not a solution however. Even with a basic theme it is still slower than yesterdays build.

Yes, switching off Aero helps quite a lot. With Aero on, Minefield is so slow that it's almost unusable for me with about five tabs open. For example, right now, I have five tabs open and when I make a scroll gesture on my laptop touchpad, there's a delay of over a whole second before the scroll actually happens.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Welcome to the Burning Edge.

If you would rather not having unfinished products impacting your browsing experience, then I suggest that you run the latest stable build.
HeartRipper

Post by HeartRipper »

Elen wrote:The slow down issues are due to the transparency of the Aero theme. If you are using a non-transparent theme like the basic, you won't see the issue.

actually i'm using aero... Still no slowdown
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Omega X wrote:Welcome to the Burning Edge.

If you would rather not having unfinished products impacting your browsing experience, then I suggest that you run the latest stable build.

It's important to point out problem which do exist, especially when a lot of people are saying "WFM".
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Tom B. wrote:

It's important to point out problem which do exist, especially when a lot of people are saying "WFM".

Only one person mentioned that it works for them. Others have reported performance problems earlier in the thread.
Krustylicious

Post by Krustylicious »

I'm fine with beta's and bleeding edge stuff, If I wasn't - i wouldn't be doing so.

The question I have and maybe should be in a different thread. is those who are having slowness what graphics card /cpu they have as this may be a factor!
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Krustylicious wrote:

I'm fine with beta's and bleeding edge stuff, If I wasn't - i wouldn't be doing so.

The question I have and maybe should be in a different thread. is those who are having slowness what graphics card /cpu they have as this may be a factor!

No it is a problem in Minefield. Probably will be fixed with this build.
Krustylicious

Post by Krustylicious »

Fingers crossed. If I had more spare time and a faster computer (graphics card) i would look at the issues further and contribute further ..
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Omega X wrote:
Tom B. wrote:

Only one person mentioned that it works for them. Others have reported performance problems earlier in the thread.

Please improve your attitude. In many of your posts (all over Firefox Builds) you're very condescending and argumentative. Even though others seem to be willing to put up with this attitude, I am not.

That's all I'm going to say (I will probably never respond to any of your posts again).
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Tom B. wrote:Please improve your attitude. In many of your posts (all over Firefox Builds) you're very condescending and argumentative. Even though others seem to be willing to put up with this attitude, I am not.

That's all I'm going to say (I will probably never respond to any of your posts again).

That's fine, Do as you choose. But do not spam this thread or you will be reported.
Gott

Post by Gott »

Tom B. wrote:Please improve your attitude. In many of your posts (all over Firefox Builds) you're very condescending and argumentative. Even though others seem to be willing to put up with this attitude, I am not.

Thanks, you wrote exactly what has been on my mind for a long time, there is nothing to add. Several of Omega X posts make me whish that there were an "ignore" feature on this board, his attitude is really making this forum much less pleasant to read.

I'm also experience severe slowdowns. I went back to 20100902 which is slightly sluggish but at least usable. 20100903 and current hourlies start very sluggish and quickly end up borderline unusable with firefox.exe maxing out one core almost entirely after a short time of use. Aero is enabled. There doesn't seem to be a big difference if Direct2D/DirectWrite is enabled or not ...
mds67

Post by mds67 »

Bug on latest nightly:

http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/

The mouse can't go to the sub-menu it just disappears.

Edit: I just noticed that if I move the mouse very slowly the sub-menu stays in place.
Cold-Phoenix

Post by Cold-Phoenix »

mds67 wrote:Bug on latest nightly:

http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/

The mouse can't go to the sub-menu it just disappears.

Edit: I just noticed that if I move the mouse very slowly the sub-menu stays in place.

Confirmed in http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/950423fb89c8 moving mouse slowly keeps menu, faster movement looses the menu.
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

Omega X wrote:That's fine, Do as you choose. But do not spam this thread or you will be reported.

And if you spam this thread, then you will be reported. Same applies to anyone, and it's for the moderators to deal with - there's no need for you to throw threats around.

He didn't give any indication of spamming - possibly a little off-topic, but then so was your post. And I would say your post merits being reported for failing to "be nice!".