Discuss JaegerMonkey and bugs here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
owen.c93

Re: Discuss JaegerMonkey and bugs here

Post by owen.c93 »

Sunspider has gone from 668 to 568 for me. So what's that 15% ish.

No bugs for me as of yet.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

BigWillyStyle42 wrote:Safe mode disables JIT.

Thanks.
I was wondering if safe mode disables some/all options set in about:config.
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
Testing with latest Nightly and Aurora builds.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

There is a crash on Peacekeeper if you plan on testing that benchmark.
teoli2003

Post by teoli2003 »

So, to summary some of the common crash issues with JM:

1) The ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION crash has been reported in bug 595635 and bug 595351;

2) The crash with CKEditor has been reported in bug 595754;

3) The crash with Firebug has been reported in bug 595743; an additional [@ jsd_Lock ] signature may be linked to it.

4) The crash on Peacekeeper has been reported in bug 595604

No real workaround, besides disabling methodJIT or not using CKEditor/Firebug...
Last edited by teoli2003 on September 13th, 2010, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

greenknight

Post by greenknight »

To use today's build, I had to disable javascript.options.methodjit.content - I got an ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION crash if I opened any Web page. This was even with a clean profile.

http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 2be2100912
http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 40b2100912
http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... a512100912
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.2, Developer Edition 126.0b5, Nightly 127.0a1.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Harlequin99

Post by Harlequin99 »

Does anybody know if a bug has been filed for the intermittent freezes and odd behaviour in Gmail? Toggling javascript.options.methodjit.content to false fixes the odd behaviour.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is bug 595672
phuzi0n

Post by phuzi0n »

neo86 wrote:
phuzi0n wrote:20-30 FPS in chrome but only 1-2 FPS in Firefox JM+TM. I tried enabling/disabling varying combinations of D2D/DW, D3D layers, and trace JIT content but I couldn't find any combination that worked above 2 FPS. Athlon X4 635 + Radeon HD4650.

Did you confirm acceleration was off in about:support? I think the fps drops after a certain point regardless of which browser as that's the nature of the demo, but with D2D/layers on it never goes above 2 fps even at the start. With D2D disabled it seems to at least start off at 7 fps for me before dropping.

For some reason it wasn't disabling D2D+DW with the about:config options anymore but I used the new GUI checkbox to disable hardware acceleration (not sure what setting it's mapped to) and then it disabled D2D+DW. I got 6-10 FPS with all acceleration off in FF.
tmeader

Post by tmeader »

Sorry, posted this in the daily build thread, but actually think it belongs here:

Can anyone else confirm that going to the giantbomb.com main page generates the warning:
----
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://media.giantbomb.com/media/vine/j ... 10004.js:1
----
This seems to have started only after the Jaeger merge. All the "whiskeymedia" brand sites generate a similar warning to some degree (screened.com, tested.com,comicvine.com), so it's something in their script. Just wondering if there's any insight as to what could cause that? Confirmed that disabling jit for content makes the warning go away (at least for me). Thanks.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

tmeader wrote:Sorry, posted this in the daily build thread, but actually think it belongs here:

Can anyone else confirm that going to the giantbomb.com main page generates the warning:

I tried. It freezed my browser, than the browser came back and everything worked ok. :S
No warning.
OrdinaryAverageGuy

Post by OrdinaryAverageGuy »

I haven't experienced any crashes yet, but the Gmail thing is pretty annoying. I expected a lot worse after the merge, so great job JM team!
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

tompa

Post by tompa »

OrdinaryAverageGuy wrote:I haven't experienced any crashes yet, but the Gmail thing is pretty annoying. I expected a lot worse after the merge, so great job JM team!

yes, there were more than 1100 changessets in the merge, it could have been much worse :D
Nightwish

Post by Nightwish »

OrdinaryAverageGuy wrote:I haven't experienced any crashes yet, but the Gmail thing is pretty annoying. I expected a lot worse after the merge, so great job JM team!

Yeah...

Since JM landed, I had exactly one crash and some issues with GMail when using the browser in "normal" mode, means: just for surfing like I would normally use a browser as opposed to "boot camp mode" where your job is to bring it down at all cost :)

It feels faster too, but that's a subjective impression as it is quite hard to benchmark a site like GMail or Google reader.