Discuss JaegerMonkey and bugs here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
RyanVM

Re: Discuss JaegerMonkey and bugs here

Post by RyanVM »

adisimpson wrote:@sunspider its not really faster
263ms vs 288ms nightly some days ago....

As would be expecting judging by the numbers on AWFY...
mat--

Post by mat-- »

From my testing methodJIT for chrome causes memory leaks with either ABP or Noscript.
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

iceccold wrote:What does methodjit.chrome means?
Why is it set to false and what will it bring? (performance?)
I didn't understand things well.
Excellent work, love to see more improvements.

"chrome" is the name of the Firefox interface.

So javascript.options.methodjit.chrome enables JM for Firefox its self.
And javascript.options.methodjit.content enables JM for web pages.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

javascript.options.methodjit.chrome enabled causes problems with FEBE 7 (beta version for Fx4) and LastPass.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

delete
Last edited by pal-moz on September 11th, 2010, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Desktop] Windows 7 Professional (32bit/SP1) / Geforce GTX 660Ti 2GB (350.12) / 4GB RAM
neo86

Post by neo86 »

Cru_N_cher wrote:http://xplsv.com/prods/demos/xplsv_orsotheysay/ (push , to see the fps counter smooth as butter)

Not seeing that. My computer isn't that impressive (Axthlon II X4 620), but it's only "smooth as butter" in Google Chrome.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Can anyone with a Netflix account can confirm that the arrows flow the content in the wrong direction?
gnwaa

Post by gnwaa »

Omega X wrote:Can anyone with a Netflix account can confirm that the arrows flow the content in the wrong direction?

Confirmed.

Actually, both arrows scroll the content towards the right, so only one arrow is broken (the right one).
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

IT works with MethodJIT disabled.

Filed:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=595585

EDIT:
The "Add To Queue" button is also having issues.
Last edited by Omega X on September 12th, 2010, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
neo86

Post by neo86 »

neo86 wrote:
Cru_N_cher wrote:http://xplsv.com/prods/demos/xplsv_orsotheysay/ (push , to see the fps counter smooth as butter)

Not seeing that. My computer isn't that impressive (Axthlon II X4 620), but it's only "smooth as butter" in Google Chrome.

Seems to be an issue with D3D9 layers actually. Without accelerated layers I get ~7 fps instead of 2-3. Still half as fast as Chrome, but not as bad I guess.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

I've tested JaegerMonkey, too.

Minefield, D2D, layers OFF:

SS: 462.8ms
V8: 1880

Minefield, D2D, layers ON:

SS: 473.4ms
V8: 1300

Other browsers:

Opera 10.61:
SS: 377.4ms
V8: 3222

Chrome 7.0.517.0 dev:
SS: 343.6ms
V8: 5307
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

I can't believe everyone is still testing against the botched V8 test in an event. The test is crappy and doesn't even deserve to be called a test, since it is all messed up (there have been numerous discussions about making a corrected version of it on Bugzilla).

I have one more test idea for you, try turning off TM for content and see how that affects it.

I tested this with the JS NES tool, and it works quite well with JM. MUCH better than TM alone.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

RyanJ wrote:I can't believe everyone is still testing against the botched V8 test in an event. The test is crappy and doesn't even deserve to be called a test, since it is all messed up (there have been numerous discussions about making a corrected version of it on Bugzilla).

I have one more test idea for you, try turning off TM for content and see how that affects it.

I tested this with the JS NES tool, and it works quite well with JM. MUCH better than TM alone.

Everybody tests V8, because it's on AWFY, too...

On SS, i get 20ms better with JM only...

BTW: how can is get the ms value on V8 test instead of points?
phuzi0n

Post by phuzi0n »

neo86 wrote:
neo86 wrote:

Seems to be an issue with D3D9 layers actually. Without accelerated layers I get ~7 fps instead of 2-3. Still half as fast as Chrome, but not as bad I guess.

20-30 FPS in chrome but only 1-2 FPS in Firefox JM+TM. I tried enabling/disabling varying combinations of D2D/DW, D3D layers, and trace JIT content but I couldn't find any combination that worked above 2 FPS. Athlon X4 635 + Radeon HD4650.
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

Yeah, they may test it on AWFY but that's only because nobody has come up with another test to replace it.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones