Firefox 4.0 64 Bit

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Fabfire

Re: Firefox 4.0 64 Bit

Post by Fabfire »

I've just downloaded Java plugin 6u22 from HERE, and the plugin installed successfully in today's build. :)
alex-the-cat

Post by alex-the-cat »

Fabfire wrote:I've just downloaded Java plugin 6u22 from HERE, and the plugin installed successfully in today's build. :)

i think he was having problem with jre7, not jre6
Please Fold! Rage3D is a nice place to start
wayne.lennon

Post by wayne.lennon »

alex-the-cat wrote:
Fabfire wrote:I've just downloaded Java plugin 6u22 from HERE, and the plugin installed successfully in today's build. :)

Correct. The problem is with the jre7 x64 (http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries , Windows x64 jdk link ). The plugin works as an ActiveX (jp2iexp.dll) in IE9 x64, but it won't load in Minefield x64. The plugin ( npjp2.dll ) is listed in about:plugins and about:addons.

Visiting Java.com's "Verify Java" page through Minefield x64 brings up an error message stating "Something is wrong. Java is not working." Since there's no other Win64 browsers I can test with (other than IE9 x64, which works), I have also filed a bug report with Sun in case the problem is with the Java plugin wrapper.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

wayne.lennon wrote:
alex-the-cat wrote:

Correct. The problem is with the jre7 x64 (http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries , Windows x64 jdk link ). The plugin works as an ActiveX (jp2iexp.dll) in IE9 x64, but it won't load in Minefield x64. The plugin ( npjp2.dll ) is listed in about:plugins and about:addons.

Visiting Java.com's "Verify Java" page through Minefield x64 brings up an error message stating "Something is wrong. Java is not working." Since there's no other Win64 browsers I can test with (other than IE9 x64, which works), I have also filed a bug report with Sun in case the problem is with the Java plugin wrapper.

Using the 2010-11-19-05-mozilla-central x64 build and java 7 b118 is working for me. Using the verify java page shos "Oops! You don't have the recommended Java installed. Your Java version is 1.7.0-ea" Using http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml shows my Java is working using Java version 7 update ea, os Windows 7 6.1, architecture amd64. about:plugins shows npjp2.dll version 7.0.0.118.
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

Java 7b118 isn't working for me either on the latest trunk (November 19th). I uninstalled all previous versions, rebooted, installed the 1.7.0.118 version and rebooted again. Still no dice. I wound up reinstalling the 6.22 update (1.6.22).
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
Mrtb

Post by Mrtb »

What about PGO builds on Win64? Still crashes?
Jadugar

Post by Jadugar »

Java7 64 bit is working for me in my 64 bit browser
Rodze

Post by Rodze »

Hmm. I can't get Java 7 64bit to work here either. It appears on about:plugins, but it doesn't work.

Now to figure why it works for some and not for others.
Fabfire

Post by Fabfire »

wayne.lennon wrote:
alex-the-cat wrote:

I see. Now, I've just installed Jre7 x64 and the plugin installed fine...
CirqueForge

Post by CirqueForge »

Hi, I've been using x64 build of Minefield for some time now. I just want to confirm if anyone has had any issues with Flash Player Square P2 starting on the 11/18/10 trunk builds.

Edit: I haven't checked the tracemonkey builds quite yet, so I'll see if they fixed the issue.
Last edited by CirqueForge on November 20th, 2010, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabfire

Post by Fabfire »

CirqueForge wrote:Hi, I've been using x64 build of Minefield for some time now. I just want to confirm if anyone has had any issues with Flash Player Square P2 starting on the 11/18/10 trunk builds.

Edit: I haven't checked the tracemonkey builds quite yet, so I'll see if they fixed the issue.

Since 11/17/10 build I haven't had any issues with Minefield x64 (last trunk build). I have stopped using Tracemonkey builds at that date too...
CirqueForge

Post by CirqueForge »

Ok, it got slightly better with the latest tracemonkey build but it still has problems with youtube. It looks like it tries to play the stream, pause, and tries again multiple times, which makes the play and puase button flicker on and off. Looks like I'll have to wait for more developments on that part.
alex-the-cat

Post by alex-the-cat »

CirqueForge wrote:Ok, it got slightly better with the latest tracemonkey build but it still has problems with youtube. It looks like it tries to play the stream, pause, and tries again multiple times, which makes the play and puase button flicker on and off. Looks like I'll have to wait for more developments on that part.

there is a problem with either minefield or NoScript's ABE. so if you have noscript installed, disable ABE will solve the problem.

http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5394
Please Fold! Rage3D is a nice place to start
CirqueForge

Post by CirqueForge »

alex-the-cat wrote:
CirqueForge wrote:Ok, it got slightly better with the latest tracemonkey build but it still has problems with youtube. It looks like it tries to play the stream, pause, and tries again multiple times, which makes the play and puase button flicker on and off. Looks like I'll have to wait for more developments on that part.

there is a problem with either minefield or NoScript's ABE. so if you have noscript installed, disable ABE will solve the problem.

http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5394

Thanks. This was exactly my problem so turning it off helped. Thanks.
evildust

Post by evildust »

The only bug I have now is all fonts used in flash window are now white and unreadable. Example: when i look a youtube embeded video in facebook, the timer of the video is white, before this, all fonts was black. I don't know why...