The Official Win32 20100920 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
bsr5

Re: The Official Win32 20100920 Trunk build is not yet out.

Post by bsr5 »

C@rb0n wrote:
bsr5 wrote:For over a week on initial load the browser will run really really slow for the first 10 seconds, my HDD light will also be on during this time. I think it started since the cache size stuff landed.

For each of your browser windows, open "View --> Tab" Groups and check to see if you have any hidden tabs. It could be that you have tabs that are not part of your visible group. They get loaded regardless. Bug 595601 will correct this.

Nope, no hidden tabs or any other tabs for that matter.
hexx

Post by hexx »

If multiselecting of tabs gets in as well, window management will be a lot better.

I just need one more thing.
I have 2 monitors and I want when I drag tab on another monitor that it opens in a new window on that monitor.
Is there a bug for this ?
OrdinaryAverageGuy

Post by OrdinaryAverageGuy »

hexx wrote:
If multiselecting of tabs gets in as well, window management will be a lot better.

I have 2 monitors and I want when I drag tab on another monitor that it opens in a new window on that monitor.

Good question. I have been wondering about this for a while too. It's pretty annoying.
El Pino

Post by El Pino »

OrdinaryAverageGuy wrote:
hexx wrote:I just need one more thing.

Good question. I have been wondering about this for a while too. It's pretty annoying.

Probably this or this?
bsr5

Post by bsr5 »

hexx wrote:

I've had other annoyances with dual display as well, with windows not opening in the correct monitor. Firefox is really in need of some better dual display support.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Could you tell me the bug number for polishing AOM to match mockups?
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

Check the dependencies of this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=550048
kern

Post by kern »

What happened in the recent update? I'm getting constant "Moved temporarily" or "permanently" messages and the searches in the search bar seem to be broken, particularly for Youtube. I cannot access gmail at all, I just get endless "Moved permanently" or no page.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

kern wrote:What happened in the recent update? I'm getting constant "Moved temporarily" or "permanently" messages and the searches in the search bar seem to be broken, particularly for Youtube. I cannot access gmail at all, I just get endless "Moved permanently" or no page.

Update NoScript to the latest development version.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

That doesnt occur to me... Thanks. I will check those -- 70 dependencies. :)
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

C@rb0n wrote:
iceccold wrote:Idea is to make space around hover link in url bar yellow so it would indicate that link is ready to be clicked. (like traffic light) .

That could get very distracting and irritating, if it's flashing as you move your mouse over a bunch of links on a page. The mouse pointer changing to a hand already accomplishes this for most types of links.

Yeah, and it also causes some confusion with the secure site notification in the URLbar, in my opinion. Although I guess now that's blue?
iceccold

Post by iceccold »

i.of.the.storm wrote:
C@rb0n wrote:That could get very distracting and irritating, if it's flashing as you move your mouse over a bunch of links on a page. The mouse pointer changing to a hand already accomplishes this for most types of links.

Yeah, and it also causes some confusion with the secure site notification in the URLbar, in my opinion. Although I guess now that's blue?

:D That's what I thought. Doesn't have to be yellow, it can be gray but little bit darker so it could indicate. I guess adding option in about:config to disable coloring would be good.
"We cannot have homeland security unless we understand that the whole planet is our homeland "
hexx

Post by hexx »

El Pino wrote:
hexx wrote:I just need one more thing.

Probably this or this?

and why is that bug dead for half a year ?
Anything we can do to push it ? :)
Hanki

Post by Hanki »

dunno if this has been said but Beta8 is to be released October 1st https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/4/Beta#Milestones
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

hexx wrote:Anything we can do to push it ? :)

Write the patch yourself. At the moment 110% of Mozilla resources are being used on getting FF4 out the door.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"